1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Face Criticism Of Being Called Unlucky

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by mangaii, Jan 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I'm happy to report after 12 days of legal struggle i recovered 80% of my jewels. My sil used every loophole in legal system and toughest thing was to make her sign the summon and bring herto police station for questioning . I'm happy that i made her give back what belongs to me. She had no intentions to part with my jewels. By the way legal system favors women who are 65+. Now my trip purpose is done i'm going to roam around mylapore streets to my hearts content.

shravs3, Laks09, Anusha2917 and 7 others like this.
  2. mangaii

Traversing the legal system in india was a learning experience. By this time i have learnt lot of things related to legal system. In my case i had no proof i gave her jewels and locker was in her name. At some point i thoight i wont get anything since she refused to come for questoning because she had a doctor note tnat she had health issues. She knew time was against so used every excuse not to come. She was well prepared to handle this than me. Finally i found her son's workplace and gave summon to him for his mom. That was ths breaking point after that she knew she couldn't give reasons. Even police got irritated but who knew this women would go to this extent. I'm glad i made her lose this battle and took away the power to control me.

shravs3, Laks09, Anusha2917 and 6 others like this.
  3. mangaii

I had no invoice for jewelry
    I couldn't do much since bank will not open her locker without her consent. By the time she already moved lockers. What i needed to prove was that she had my jewels. There was no way i could prove it. It was really really to break through in my case.

4. SriVen

SriVen Silver IL'ite

Hi Mangai!
    I am really happy for you.

5. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Glad you could win this battle. Very happy for you.

6. shivanya07

shivanya07 Platinum IL'ite

what a relief! very happy for you @mangaii :blush:
    Just to know, if it were jewelry given on your marriage, isnt your marriage pic with you wearing them considered a proof?
    And about the remaining 20% , tell her you have left them so that she can have them as your memory and it will remind her of your victory!

7. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Wow! Fantastic! This is the best news! Good for you @mangaii

Just remember there’s no going back now! Now that you have give her a little jhalak put her in her place if she starts in on the unlucky nonsense. And tell your husband to stay out of it. She’s sure to bad mouth you to him and try to approach through him! Be relentless and keep asking her what she did with the remaining 20%. Don’t be all quiet and satisfied now. ‘What did you do? Did you sell it? Have you no shame etc’ till she gives up that also or at least repays the equivalent.
    Important lesson here is her son is the weak link. You were able to shame her into decency by serving papers at his office. He probably told her enough is enough and to clear up the matter asap. So. Use this avenue to clear up remaining property issues, get whatever papers you need and what not also. Strike while the iron is hot!

8. mangaii

The 20% is small jewelry so i cannot do much. She said she doesn't have documents so i filed document lost police report and also got a letter from her saying she has no knowledge of them. She took all the jewelry that my paremts gave to my husband. My husband is equally mad at her. Since it is hard to prove ownership of my husband's she got away with it. I could fight but i'm going to let go so i can enjoy the trip. My mom is here in chennai and i want to spend time with her.

shravs3 and Laks09 like this.
  9. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations, you should have added the chare of her son stealing your money from your account, looks like your SIL will do anything for money so she will not be quite, keep an eye on he activities when you return to US, for now enjoy your vacation.

10. mangaii

Considering this case took 12 days I need at least a month to prove the rental money case. I didn’t know anyone in police station and I had no recommendation. Once you file a case you need to be physically available to follow up , sign and close the case. More you add ,it gives time for other party to buy more time. I think that would have complicated the matter more. Only point I wanted to prove to my sil is that I’m capable of walking to police station if need arises. Hopefully the message is sound and clear to her. I never ever want to see her face anymore in my life

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.