1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Deal With A Dramatic Too Sensitive Sil?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Rise, Jan 7, 2017.

1. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

btw ..sisters ..pls feel free to point out mistakes /give suggestions ..the more the merrier :) :) :)

2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

".1. i dont want a single dime from anyone ...thats why i told my father to buy the flat in his own name ..and keep it to himself ..but he said no ...he will put my name in will. he thought the flat will be within his budget but he ran short of around 30 L ..i offered the money but he refused then i came to know that bro and sil took loan and ownership is in 3 names half share -father , 1/3 bro and 1/3 sil ..."

Is it the only family property you all have?
    Did your parents give you any money before. How much they spend on your marriage / dowry/ or anything else? Are they counting that? Is there any other siblings involved?

Your SIL behaves as if it is their house because 1/2 of the property is in their name. Nothing to wonder.

Only 1/2 is in your father name, even though he spend more money. He didn't include your name. So you don't have any claims there.

May be after your parents death, you may get something. Even then, the half property will be divided by 2 between you and brother if no one involved or according to his will.

Your parents are still there. Fighting for that money now is not good.

It is not your brother or SIL's fault. It is your father who took the decision this way, without including your name. Your father spend 2/3 of money. He should have bought the property in his, your mother and brothers name. or he should have include your name or any other siblings if there. But he didnt do that way either. He didnt took money from you, but took it from brother. There may a reason for it.

What is that reason? I think you need to talk to your parents and figure it out, else it may spoil all the relationships. Do what they ask you to do.

Don't blame your SIL. If you want to blame, you can blame your father.

Going for a room there when you don't have a claim right now is not good, it will fuel up problems.

Money such a sensitive matter. Be careful

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    sindmani and yellowmango like this.
  3. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

--- i already talked ...father said ...he will do anything i want ..but the problem is PRACTICALITY....
    even if my name is included then - unless bro is ready to give me money i wont get any sh****they will give some excuse...
    i will have to live in that flat otherwise whats the use ..

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

1) depend on your bro and sil means.....if the house is exclusively on brother and sil name ...then there is not much you can do. You will have to depend on them to show some generousity.

Nothing to do with you being dependent on them.

As for the rest of your post....I think your father may have a very valid reason to put 2/3 of the house in their name.
    It is his decision to take money from them and not from you.....he must know better.

Personally I find children wanting their share from parents property
    while the parents are alive and living in the property pretty distasteful.

Your whole post is about your right ,your share,your property.Not once is there a mention of your duty towards your parents . Right to inheritance is not an entitlement .It comes with duties and then you get what is given to you specially if it is self earned property.

sindmani likes this.
  5. DDream

He didn't do anything. That clearly indicates he has a reason. If he is ready to do anything for you now, you may ask him to add your name, so that you can ask you brother that you will give your share of the property to his name only when he pays you. It make your case solid . Every thing should be in papers written well.

Otherwise you get something after their death only.

I think it is not good, when kids fight for parents money when they are alive. They should work and hard and build their lived them selves. What ever money earned by parents should be spend according to their wish . If anything left it should be given , if they wish , to kids by a will, but not before death

As your name is not there now, going and asking to stay there is not a good option. Let your parents have some peace.

Legally you don't have any claim now.

6. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

WHY it seems from some of the users's ans as if i m asking something which does not belong to me . i am asking not a single rs more than what my other sibling has got...
    i want my share thats it
    why i ve to fight for equal rights.... its so unfair ,,,just because i m a girl ??? is that the reason??? ive cared for my parents more than any boy can care ...i love them more ..my bro /sis hardly ever talk with them
    btw how many of u wd have given up ur share ?? its around 45 lakh .... i m really curious

7. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

"LET THEM HAVE SOME PEACE"
    WOW ..sorry to say that ..but ..its me who is the VICTIM ..not them ...so THEY SHD GIVE MY SHARE AND GIVE ME PEACE . again with due respect ..how on earth ... am i the villain here???

8. DDream

Read my message well. If your father is willing to change the property ownership now , ask him to include your name there legally, in written papers. That will make your case strong and you can ask money from your brother to give the share of owner ship to him, only if he pays you. You can tell him , if he really wants to do something, include your name

Why is your father is not doing that? Is he thinking that he already give you something.
    If your parents are not willing to include your name there, what else you can do there. Create problem? They already told you, that you may get it only after their death by a will.

sindmani, BhumiBabe and yellowmango like this.
  9. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

10. DDream

Dear friendabc, Ask him why he did that. How can anyone answer that..

If that is his decision you need to respect that. What about other siblings. I feel that there is some solid reason for this decision. Sorry, I feel that your father should include your or other siblings name for you to have a solid claim now, else you have to wait ....

"I DONT WANT A SINGLE RS FROM MY FATHER .."
    If you dont need any money, then why you are raising this issue. LEAVE it.

sindmani and yellowmango like this.