1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How do I make my MIL happy ?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by priyanaveen8889, Mar 10, 2011.

1. priyanaveen8889

priyanaveen8889 New IL'ite

Hiiiiiii everyone, this is priya very new to this site,
    i got married 8mnths ago, but couldn't satisfy my mother in law, i'm unable to gain her heart...
    most important thing she just dont likes her son, she dont even care for , this became a very big problem for me..please help me , my hubby is very much depressed,

help me buddies, and i'm doing my mba..

yours buddy,
    priya

2. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Hi Priya,
    Welcome to IL. You have given too little information for anybody to help you. Take some time, reflect on your situation. Identify what's bothering you most and then describe what the problem is. Why do you think your MIL doesn't like your DH? What has she done or said?
    I am sure you will get good advice.

3. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Hey Priya , Please give us some more information about the hate part??? since you gave us very little info its hard for us to even comment..

4. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Hey dear
    I know its very common that MILs dont like their DILs....But it sounding bit abnormal that in ur case MIL doesnt like her son.What made u think in this way??Does ur hubby also feel the same....just elaborate ur situation....

5. priyanaveen8889

priyanaveen8889 New IL'ite

hiii buddy's yeah, she doesn't like him.. she always used to scold , scream at him, since my marriage i had never seen her talking politely with..
    even my husband feels the same but i never agreed with ,in front of him.. but things are going even bitter, he is thinking about seperation, but he is the only son to them, and they has daughter...
    how can i do this to them..

hope i give you a clear picture of my problem soon..

6. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Hey Priya , did he ever spoke about this to his mom , did you ever tried to find out the reason for her hating her own son ????

All that glitters is not gold . May be she is scolding him out of love , or trying to correct him or ???

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  7. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

Priya,
    Ask your Dh that if his mother has behaved like this earlier(before your marriage).If not sit together and think what made her charactr change??

If He did marry you with the consent of his mother?? then talk to her what is her problem.

8. anukv

anukv Bronze IL'ite

What made you think that she doesnt like her son? Does your DH also feel the same and why?

9. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Hi Priya

After reading ur problem, i think its better to discus with ur hubby briefly...i mean ask abt his mom's behaviour towards her daughter,other relatives etc...Is she a person like this??i mean rude to evevrybody???some r like this by nature...and if not may be after marriage, she is feeling bit insecured....this happens to many MILs.and mailnly when they have only 1 son.So this insecurity is coming out in the form of anger.
    U n ur hubby shd try to satisfy her..in all ways.Just try to spend more time with her...u will be able to know clearly what she wants... mother can never hate her children.
    Everything will be OK.:thumbsup

10. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

Just Ignore.We can never make anyone happy.You should only think about your husband now.my MIL loves my husband very much.But she never liked me.So it is like this.It is difficult to impress anyone.