1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How Do I Get Rid Of The Dory Avatar?!

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by nayidulhan, Nov 20, 2023.

1. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

Hi All!
    I need to help myself with an issue that's bothering me of late. I am scared I am turning into Dory from Finding Nemo! I keep forgetting things- thankfully not the big ones but the small ones definitely. I realize this could be because I am not mindful of things around, most of the times. I am perpetually stressed out, worrying, over-thinking and over-analyzing things. I could be the biggest example of a failed multi-tasker! Sigh!

My routine health tests were done last month and except for the below average Vit B levels, everything else is great. So I think my problem is more psychological than physiological. Could someone please help me resolve this?

2. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Are you getting good sleep everyday? Do you feel fresh and happy energetic every morning? Do you have lot of stress? Do you keep thinking lot about something?

nayidulhan likes this.
  3. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your reply, @ProudIndian. I think I sleep well- for approx 6.5 to 7 hours. I am stressed a lot and keep thinking about stuff all the time though. Exactly like you said.

A couple of decades ago, during my MBA and then in my first professional stint, I developed the habit of multi tasking. It has taken me nearly 2 decades to realize and accept the fact that multi tasking is the worst style of living one's life. It's neither efficient nor effective. Moreover, it is totally harmful for the mind. The stress is slowly manifesting in my body with increase in frequency of menstrual cycles, palpitation, etc etc. It's bizarre that all these symptoms prompt me to engross myself in more work aka multi tasking. This is a vicious cycle. I really want to break this.

There may be people who subscribe to the other side of the coin but this is the my experience. I am steadily unlearning this nasty habit now but I think I have a long way to go.

Any recommendations that could help me "heal", anyone?

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I just make lists now, and try to make sure I’m dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s as I go along. It may be age catching up but I can’t juggle too many things now so I’ve been consciously forcing myself to take it slower.

nayidulhan likes this.
  5. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your post, @MalStrom. :) I think I too will do just that. Make a list of things to do the next day and stay true to it. :)

Age is definitely catching up with me too. Plus I strongly believe that once a lady becomes a mother, a certain part of her brain is permanently irreversibly engaged in thinking, dreaming and worrying about the fruits of her womb. :) The strength, power and intensity of a mother's love, invariably is always such. :) So we have to presume that we have lost control over significant parts of our hearts and brains, having given them for our GenZ. :)

I recently stumbled upon this thought- "Worrying works... most of the things I worry about never happen!" :D

MalStrom likes this.