How Do I Become A Travel Vlogger

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by SuiDhaaga, Jul 5, 2022.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

In 10 to 15 years I'd like to become a travel vlogger

I know several of you have your own YouTUBE channels. What challenges have you faced? What are you facing now?

I decided this over the past few days. I think this would be quite fulfilling to do when things get better and I have some extra time. Why not make few dollars on the side and share how beautiful life is.

Anusha2917 and drdiva like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

Congrats. I have posted numerous videos but u tube has not paid anything to me nor i demanded any.
    I understand professionally made videos posted in VOD you get paid in terms of number of views or clicks.
    YouTube pays per 1000 views, at a rate that's usually between $0.10 and $0.30 (PHP 5 and PHP 15) per view. Google does take a cut from the revenues, however, so you can realistically expect to earn between PHP 150 and PHP 250 per thousand views.
    One has to study the aesthetics of making the video of sensational moments, emotions and other views that depict human emotion and commotion in most appealing ways. There could be on line coacing of few days or weeks.
    I have substantial collection uploaded in UT *and getting messages and help from google for making my future videos better than they are now.
    Thanks & Regards.

Ps:trust your uncle progressing/convalescing well.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    SuiDhaaga likes this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

My Incle is postponing TAVR due to several inconsistencies from the hospital.

He has pain from other health issues that we are trying to treat.

it has been a nightmare

but when I see travel vlog I think what if things get better.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

Sorry about your uncle's health. I join in prayer with your other followers here for his early recovery and peace.
    Thanks. Regards

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A common challenge is deciding if one wants to make money and how much money from the channel. And this decision changes over time. An other challenge is to identify one's niche audience.

How travel is shared with others is continuously evolving. Vlogging might not be the main method of sharing in 10-15 years. For all we know, all the current modes of sharing travel will be outdated by then. So for now, maybe focus on what will still remain: the travel itself. Make the time to travel, start documenting the travel experience. Even a trip to a library, farmers market or summer movie in the park in a nearby town is worth documenting for practice.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  6. SuiDhaaga

Not to mention he us worried about settling all his affairs before going for the procedure.

We try to help best we can but we are very slow. Plus my Uncle has osteoarthritis in his knee and Dr said avoid walking (trying physical therapy and hopefully hyraluronic acid injections), otherwise lot of things woukd be done quicker.

7. SuiDhaaga

First priority is to have fulfilling experience.

Deeply enjoy travel to a new place, understand the history, the beauty. Not just go to some conference in some exotic location and stay in your hotel room for three weeks,

I like the idea of practicing how to document the travel experience.
    You are right, you never know how technology will change in 10 to 15 years.

8. SuiDhaaga

Are you the one in the video singing?

9. SuiDhaaga

I always wanted to visit the underwater hotel in the Maldives

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. SuiDhaaga

Also I wish to travel on my own terms and not depend on anyone for happiness.

i see so many ladies travel with their husbands who abuse them in public

you leave your home for a good time, and after all your effort and preparation and you get treated like a doormat?

it’s one thing of service or food is subpar, but being trashed by someone who is supposed to love and respect you?

I learned of a way to travel alone and have furfilling experience

I hope I make enough money to hire someone to hold the cameram perhaps help edit the video.

Plus I wish to have enough money to pay my employers meal, incidentals, and give them time off to enjoy the place on their own.

these people are more likely to be respectful than husband whose leash you are tied to.

I didn’t want to get all riled up, but honestly that is what I am looking for.

I wish to visit places in India I never visited because I was intentionally food poisoned so I can quickly return to the started and my ex could hide the fact that he is married, get GC, then marry someone ,icy younger.

I especially want to visit the city where all the phoniness took place e. Where misunderstandings were intentional.

I want to see the good side of the city and take back my happiness (travel and lodging costs money, hence I hope to get enough compensation)

of course I rather stay anonymous.

some vbloggers show who they are, others don’t. Gilbran said travel and tell no one … humans spoil good things.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022