How do I add a picture to my message?

Discussion in 'Site Help & FAQs' started by IL_Admin, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Gaur78

Gaur78 Gold IL'ite

Re: help... not able to upload any picture

Dear Sowmya,

You can upload attachments only through the image URL option. But you cannot upload attachments from their PC. Album, signature, image attachments, custom avatar are available only when you reach junior IL-ite status. New IL-ites can post messages, upload attachment through URL (Hot-linking images from external source)

Dear Murphybaby,

Check whether you had changed your general settings under user control panel.

2. Sowmyaraghu

Sowmyaraghu Gold IL'ite

Re: help... not able to upload any picture

How i can attach photos?

3. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Limitation of attachments

Hi Ashokhema,
    There is a specified limit for attachments for each status like new ILite,Junior ILite,Senior ILite,GoldILite etc.,
    Please go through this thread.
    It is explained in detail there.

4. ashokhema

ashokhema Silver IL'ite

Thanks for information in detail. System is good.
    I started as New Ilite 15 days back. In 15 days I have been upgraded to Junior Ilite.
    In Junior Ilite it is mentioned that they can become Local Champion. Pl. let me know how to become Local Ilite.
    Thanks

5. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

I have gone through the FAQs and Forum Etiquette threads and have this doubt now: When is it acceptable to hot link to an image on an external site by using 'Insert Image'>'From URL' for a non-New ILite?
    Sometimes, we may just want to link to an image (instead of saving it to computer and attaching it) and I see a lot of posts doing this but in the Forum Etiquette, it is suggested that hot-linking to external image links should be avoided.

6. Khyati10

Khyati10 New IL'ite

Hi , I have recently joined the Il club .. Even I am not able to upload any pictures on the post or thread , I followed the steps as mentioned in FAQ and in the earlier asked questions by one of the il'tes ...
    Please help .. Also it doesn't give me the option of Go advanced !!! Plz HELP !!!!

7. Gaur78

Gaur78 Gold IL'ite

Hello Ashokhema,

Please contact IL_admin or support@indusladies.com. Based on your participation, you will be elected as local champion.

8. Gaur78

Gaur78 Gold IL'ite

Hello Deepslikes,

It if the hot-linked images are removed from the source, then our site will land to empty pages. Hence it was mentioned in FAQ, not to hot-link images. When there's some restriction for new users to upload attachments, they need to upgrade their status from new IL-ite to Juniour IL-ite status. In this case, new users do not have other options than hot-linking it.

Hello Khyati,

New users do not have privilege to attach images. Once you upgrade your status to Junior IL-ite, you can easily attach images.

9. VjVid

VjVid Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am trying to attach an image of 3MB(jpg). I followed the steps mentioned in this thread. But once i select the file and click on upload. The progress bar shows like the upload is complete but an red icon(with exclamation mark) comes next to the uploaded file and all i have is the clearlist button. The image is not getting added to the post. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

VjVid

10. VjVid

VjVid Silver IL'ite

Can someone please help me? I have mentioned the issue am facing in above post(post #29).