How do/did you choose schools for your children?

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Varloo, Oct 23, 2007.

1. ksireesha

ksireesha New IL'ite

Hi varloo,

We are also looking for a school who take care of ADHD children because my daughter is also ADHD kid and she is 4 years old. Please let me know in which school you joined your kid. Actually we are staying at tambaram.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Sireesha

2. shilpanaresh

shilpanaresh New IL'ite

I found a very useful site when i was searching for schools.
    hope This post helps! cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2011
  3. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I would like to know if Tamil is a compulsory language in Chennai Schools.
    What are the languages that are provided in Schools in Chennai and from which standard.

From earlier posts i have understood French is a language available from 6th Standard.
    I would like to know if Sanskrit is taught in any schools and also from which standard is Hindi taught in Schools.

Parvathi.

4. sudha65

sudha65 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Varloo,

When I moved to Chennai about 18 years ago, I had to put my elder son into a school - LKG.

I had 2 good choices. A school close by, 5 min from home by car, and another 10-15 minutes away by car.
    Children from both these schools lived in my block and so, that was convenient to get information about the schools.

I chose the school closer to home for 3 simple reasons.
    1. It was closer to home. (I had a younger child in a pre-school close by...needed to be accessible to both)
    2. They had a uniform (I think in a school uniforms are very important for children to feel equal)
    3. They taught cursive writing. (Good handwriting was very important to me)

The other school had no uniform till the 6th standard and they did not teach cursive writing (both my children have a good handwriting today, which I'm very happy about)

I do realise that choosing a school today is more complicated. But then it was a lot simpler. Thank God for that!!

Sudha

PS. I did change schools a couple of years later because the class strength was very high, and I realised my children were getting very little attention. The last straw was when I found my 3rd standard child had a new class teacher every term, and she would want me to point him out to her every time I met her for something. There were too many kids in class for her to remember the child when its name was mentioned !!!

5. pops

pops New IL'ite

dear varloo would like to know which school is son ur son studying

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

varloo's son is now a post graduate. he has completed his schooling and college too..