1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how did your in laws react when u had your second baby also as a girl?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by readymade, Aug 15, 2012.

1. readymade

readymade Senior IL'ite

Hello Friends,
    I have got 2 girls. My in laws were not at all happy to hear about the birth of two girls. They say that their progeny has come to an end. They tell my husband that your wife can bear only girl babies etc. They don't understand that gone are the days when people valued girls as less. They also have daughters and sons. BUT But still in between their conversation, they feel that their son could not get a son / they could not get a grand son etc. why people don't understand and crib like this. It's truly annoying to hear this. How do you face such comments?

2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Tell them that with an attitude like that, it's good for humankind for their progeny to have ended! You can now raise your daughters with good values from you and your husband.

32 people like this.
  3. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

I'm sorry to hear about it, you are right people still have not lost that attitude. Me and DH were talking about it the other day, we know for sure that our moms would be little disappointed if we have a girl, whereas we badly want a girl child.

My DH's granny actually cried when his cousin had a baby girl. How unfortunate na, makes me so sad. :-(

4. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

I hope your DH is with you, this attitude of theirs should make you love your lovely kids even more.

5. readymade

readymade Senior IL'ite

Hello my dear friends,
    thank u for your responses.:thumbsup
    even my husband after hearing their words say the same thing that their progeny ended . we should try for the third one so that it would be a boy where as i am not at all interested to go for third one just for the sake of boy.
    i feel it's stupid to think as if the whole world has ended if we get a second girl. i feel my girls will bring glory .
    I am worried educated people's attitude is like this.:drowning

8 people like this.
  6. mommybird

mommybird Gold IL'ite

Peartree - Raising a toast to that thought honey. Cheers!

3 people like this.
  7. puremind

puremind Bronze IL'ite

I have a 3 yr old girl child...not trying for another baby for now becoz i am sure if iF.... it will be a girl ...they will not talk to me and think like your inlaws...anyways in 2-3 yrs will plan second child...
    hope for the best...one advice....
    U delievered a child, so its ur responsibilty to take care of her...let them say what ever they want to just be with her, never ever get her(ur daughter) know that nobody was happy when she born.be bold for your daughter and do everything for her....

1 person likes this.
  8. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is sad to know that even your DH is feeling that way :-( What if the third child also turns out to be a girl?? and come on, we all know what determines the gender of the baby.... so it is pointless to accuse you of being able to bear only girl children:bang!!

Hope and Pray that this rough patch also comes to pass for you.

3 people like this.
  9. Simplicity11

Simplicity11 Silver IL'ite

Did you see the very first episode of Satyamev Jayate? If not, I insist you watch it and more importantly make your husband and ILs watch it. They will be ashamed of having such thoughts. Moreover, in that it is clearly mentioned that the gender of the baby is not decided by mother's body, it is to do with the father's sperm. So if you have two daughters, first of all there is no need for blames, but if anyone is to be blamed, it is their own son. Please please watch it. It will bring some perspective in your life.

6 people like this.
  10. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

I am the the second girl of the two daughters my parents have...recently an acquaintance expressed sympathy since my parents do not have a son!!! I was taken aback...this female is actually one year younger to me. Our society still has a long way to go...