How did you come up with your username?

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by Induslady, Apr 8, 2007.

1. sreemu

sreemu Bronze IL'ite

I loved going thru all the posts and they were all very interesting and i found that joining ur spouses name to ur name is the most common
    so here is another one i guess my name is sreedevi and my husband is murali so i just joined both are names together and became sreemu as sreedevi is the most common name i guess and i just cannot get and id with that name anywhere so that how i became sreemu

2. mslakshmi

mslakshmi Senior IL'ite

Hallo all IL Members

My username cud be MSL all the first letters combines.

I was in US for the last six months n came back during last wk of Oct., 07. There I was not at one place, so I cudn't operate the system.

I thought after coming back to India I can. But unfortunately I am unable to understand about the threads n when I am giving my personal data it is not accepting.

I want to b active.

I am 59 years old having two sons. Both r married. Elder one is setteled in US both my son n daughter-in-law r working there in US, Maryland.

My second just completed his MIS, after completing MBA in India, n now he is undergoing training in search of job n his wife is here with me in India. Recently v both visited US n she came back in Sept., 07 since she is doing a job in India.

I am a single mother n started my career from Steno to Admn. Officer and lastly I have runned a computer institute too. But now I hv closed that Institute n sitting idle at home.

Roughly this is about me.

Thanks to Indus Ladies because I want to share my feeling with others. But now a days all r busy n due to some reasons v cudnot share with all. After seeing this websight I felt v happy n want to b one of u.

Thanks for yr early responses.

From now on I wil b in touch regularly.

M.S.Lakshmi

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
    Vaikuntha likes this.
  3. mslakshmi

mslakshmi Senior IL'ite

Hi all of u

My username cud b MSL all the first letter combines. I think it is OK.

Thank u

M.S.Lakshmi

4. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Hello,

I am nothing but the simple LJP (Latha Jayaprakash) written as eljaype in the phonetic way. I ws trying to open an account at yahoo which asked for 7 characters so I did this. I followed it up here also. That's all.

Love
    Latha

5. Kukula

Kukula New IL'ite

WOW! loved reading everyone's reply. My name is Preeti-very common name so I went along with Kukula which is a nickname.Bow

6. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Very intersting thread and posts.

As my name Lakshmi is very very common, just i added my birthdate to my name to get my username.

Lakshmi

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It was nice to ready about everyones usernames.
    Mine not so interesting I usually have arunachoudhari as my ID but when I came to IL there was already a person present with the same name. so along with my name I added rc r stands for my DH's name and C my surname.

8. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

BowAm sure you will all be Witsendto know the basis of my userid, and it is my cute adorable grndson, calling my like this.My real name...gowri..is a real tongue twister for kids...and am always amused how they address me according to their respective capacities.I have got three.....g.kids....i mean..and atleast two calling me by name added to 'patti'....:ideaand there you go!Big Laugh.Actually was thinking of changing it gradually as it evolves from his mouth..but wondered, whether it is possible, not compromising on my previleges!!Mystery solved??

9. ChiDar

ChiDar New IL'ite

Hi all,

I was reading thru all the posts in this thread.. very interesting.. I'm sujithra , and my username doesn't seem to have any relation with my name..isn't it? ha ha..

Let me explain the selection of this username .I'm called chithra at home. And since i'm staying in Dar-es-salaam , wanted to combine both, hence this name..... ChiDar. :idea

My other mail ids and usernames are different, this is the first site i'm using this name.. My daughter liked this from a lot of names i suggested.... so thats it!!

i read some of the posts where they have used their own names as usernames.. u guys are lucky.. i believe its always gud to use ur own name.. since my name was already taken, i had to think up abt another name to use..

cheers
    sujithra
    Computer Typing

10. pinkyjoseph

pinkyjoseph Junior IL'ite

Nice to hear all the stories behind the user names.

My daughter used to name all her dolls.. and she named a doll as Pinky Joseph..
    I liked the name and kept this as a user name...
    So My user name is my daughters selection...

regards
    Gnanamani