How did you begin working in the US ?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by sonalst, Jun 20, 2010.

1. sonalst

sonalst New IL'ite

Hi,

I was working in the HR field in Mumbai for a couple of years before I came to the US to join my husband. After a few years on H4 visa, I got my EAD. I worked in a fast food place until the place closed down. Now I am jobless. I wish to start working again and have looked for various educational options in the health, legal and IT industry. I have been told that there was a craze for testing personnel in IT but which due to the current market has died down. In the health industry I am looking for a more desk kind of job (do not wish to deal with syringes and blood) or as a paralegal.

I would like to hear from others who have undergone a similar situation like mine but are now working. What did you do to get employment ? Which courses did you take ? Any suggestions, links or personal experience stories will be greatly appreciated.

Btw, I stay in Los Angeles, so any good information about any courses around here will be appreciated. I have 2 kids and hence would prefer an online or weekend course.
    Please help.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010