How Did You All Come Up With The Idea Of Your Profile Name?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Caide, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

My profile name is Caide. Actually it should have been "Kaede". I kind of changed the spelling for my convenience by the way how I pronounced it. It's a character of my favourite childhood anime television series "MIRMO". She played the main female protagonist.

As I was into love stories. I liked many series but she always reminded me of my childhood anime female protagonist in love. I am too into anime. And my bonding with this character made me use her name. I have named my profile for sites, diary with her name.

I search sites to know whether a name(Caide) really exists. And this is what I found:

CAIDE App (Cardiovascular Risk Factors, Aging, and Incidence of Dementia) a validated tool to predict late-life dementia risk (20 years later), based on midlife vascular risk factors.

Caide as a boy's name is of Old English and Old French origin meaning "round or lumpish".

Whereas the original name: kaede

Kaede is a photoactivatable fluorescent protein naturally originated from a stony coral, Trachyphyllia geoffroyi. Its name means "maple" in Japanese.

Apart from Mirmo series, another protagonist with same name exists but with different surname and even hair wigs were sold

This is all about my profile name

Do share you idea of choosing your profile name

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022