1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How did one survive

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by roopadadia, Mar 5, 2008.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Roopa,
    Indeed I am from this By gone era!!.
    I still keep comparing our childhood and our kids childhood with my husband.
    I still remember that while in elementry school, we were some 10 kids gang and just keep roaming and playing famous game "Thief and Police" and 'Hide & seek'. We just used to run not even wearing shoes/chappals. We used to eat is somebodies house and come home only in the evening. Parents were never worried about us while we were playing around. But now, I have to watch my kids constantly.
    I remember that we used to rent bicycle for 25p / half hr and learn bicycle.
    We never had any indoor games... I really miss those days and same time I pity my kids for their childhood. Nobody is there for them to show affection and love over here in US. Most of the time it is winter and just 3 months is summer. What they could play???
    You really made me to remember by childhood days, thanks!! Bow

Regards.

2. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

roopa dear,:kiss

a nice feeling for me after so many years, that cute li'l voice with so much memories behind, yes i am from that generation, so much love and compassion, so much innocence.................
    our kids have lost every wonderful thing in life, the early childhood means its lot of fun, lot of friends, lot of games,
    i really pity this generation kids, they are so confused...............:eek:mg:

love
    padma

3. Girlfriend

Girlfriend New IL'ite

Hi Rupa,

You made me visit those innocent and care free days, yaar.

My stubbornness with Maa and Papa
    1. To wear cloths which are not yet washed or dried.
    2. To wear her favourite (i.e papa’s favourite) sari and spoil it.
    3. To buy things which are extravagant and not useful (!)

My fight with brother when
    He uses my precious Vicco Turmeric cream
    He gets my notebook, pencils and never returns it

My Fight with sister
    To read the children books first.
    To wear her dress (!) for the first time.

List is endless.

Rupa, Thanks for compelling me to make this beautiful journey.

Cheers
    Parul

4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Roopa,
    Seems like this post has made everyone nostalgic! I'm 50-50 in that era and present day.As many of them had mentioned, even i did not know anything about indoor games..no video games or trade...It was just running and catching/Police thief/Hide and seek and at times we used to play chess or carrom.It was more fun filled and happy days.I got my cell phone only after joining my first work in 2004, but my cousin sis whose in tenth class has one and shes on phone all the time.What a drastic change!

Roopa,Thanks for posting this.It was like as though all of us here had pressed a rewind button on life :)

5. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Roopa,

A nice refreshing post to bring back all the old memories buried in the core of our heart. :clap:2thumbsup:

This really brought out ou good old carefree days. We were never inside the house only in the ground nearby. Where are the tree now leave alone climbing them !!!!!!!!!

Our younger generation is missing so much of fun & frolic:spin

6. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

fantastic one dear roopa,

must say dear you have reminded me of my childhood, what a hellion i was ...anyway i think IL knows more about my hellion days thanks to mom....simply superb

warm wishes...(did you break the window pane of next door aunty while playing gully cricket :) )

Aqua.