1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How did I keep her busy ...with my mouth Shut !!

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Happy2be, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

My tooth extraction hurt me..I didn’t want to speak much, but would she let me keep calm n quiet anymore…Nah !! So how to keep her busy after its 3 in the clock till evening snacks? Talking to her in actions I involved her in folding washed laundry…setting her room…with all this and having helped me serve lunch, she wanted me to repay by playing with her. Was I too tired to play..speak..then make her sit for HW etc etc..yes I was. CLICK..siad Mommy’s mind. I opened up her bed and took out my well preserved bag and Sam puring in her questions.. I tell her to just keep mum and watch. I had a surprise for her. “Sam, bring your baby toys here.” Confused and expecting some Wow factor, she gets them. Meanwhile, I have pulled out some clothes from the bag.

Mumma, whose are these..these look so cute..see the li’ll flowers..this color is so nice…..

Sam, all these are yours..some of my fav clothes. You looked too cute in these and I just didn’t want to do away with them.

WHOOSH..before I could say something, she simply emptied the bag to choose on her own and a quiet cloth changing session begins. 1-2-3 for each toy..which fits and which suits. Okay we are done and Sam selects few sets to be kept out for the toys. Mumma is okay with the idea and Sam is ready to share her wardrobe with her toys..lol. SHe gets her clip box and starts putting on matching ones to the dolls.

Mumma, now all are ready..now what lets play..says clapping Sam.

Hmmphhh!!! Okay another idea…I tell her to try n make her bed and then come to my room. Shes’s there within 10 min for another surprise “WOW!! mumma are we partying today..YESSS..it would be golu’s B’day”

I had arranged items on the bed for her toy party….tit-bits every Mom has at home…and that was enough to keep her busy for another hour.

The most wonderful part was how she missed her Papa all throughout…saw the arranged bed and called ot to him..”Sam, Papa’s off to office”

Ohh yes! Cake is cut…plates are arranged…Mid of the game, she mistakenly calls me”Papa”

She’s taking plates for her grandparents to their room…next she carries one to studio..for PAPA. I’m lying alongside resting n clicking pics in between.

Sammiee…Papa’s not home baby..

Uff..I forget each time. Mumma it would have been nice ifhe would have been here na….AWWWWW!!!

She plays complete Bday party and next come Thanksgiving and its time for her evening milk and revision too. SO I get her milk as a party drink and then make her write long thankyou notes to her friends who attended the party on paper slips..some in English ..some in Hindi..and revision is done too. Smart me…haan !!!

And the party fever remained till bedtime. Good night !!

5 people like this.

2. djain

djain Bronze IL'ite

Hey,
    nice try.... I must say a successful try !!

But really, it is so difficult for parents to think of some new idea for kids to make them busy or divert their mind!!!

while reading ur story, nw i m more worried.... bcz i was thinking of my 1 yr old son throughout the story ...
    Nw a days , i have to find some or other idea to keep him busy so that he has his dinner properly.. i tried bird watching... ( yeah u read it correct... in d night.. i tried to see him birds)... rhymes,roaming around the house, sitting in balcony, games in mobile, games in lappy, etc.... but at the same time i was thinking tht this phase will over soon n thr will be time ( after 6mnths or so..) tht those "natak" won't be needed ....

But nw I realize tht i need to find some more ways/ideas as this is going to continue till long !!!! :D

3. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

:) no these nataks are just never over...in fact they get cleverer..just today morning she shot a question - mumma yours was a love marriage!!! I asked all marriages are so..no ones love marr and other is marriage..
    who told you that?
    i dun know
    n what u think is difference between the two
    mmm...
    baby our parents got us married
    but Mumma how cud u live together if u didnt love ..there canty be marriage without love..I love my friend naina..I can live with her..I sit with her in school..but I dont love mansi...I cannot sit with her...so how did u both or grandaprents cum to know u both will love each other...
    hmmmphhh...yess I handled this well enuf..preparing my mind for more clever shots ...rofl!

PS- we have never discussed any such things in front of her :) one of her pals cousin bua is gonna get into a luv marriage n kids discussed this in the cab.

djain...I too used to keep out in balcony to show her pigeons n lizards eating mosquitoes n then play hide n seek all over the house.. while making her eat !! Nuthin to worry..ur li'll one will himself teach u the tricks :)

4. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi

i loved the way you spend time with kids. kids nowadays are so smart.

lakshmi

5. skmeera

skmeera Silver IL'ite

liked reading your post...

6. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

thanks lakshmi and meera.. I just try to keep her busy...and make the time productive as well :) Being working I need to balance that.. Today also we both were teachers teaching all her toys and she revised her hindi akshars that way.Kids love to handle responsibilty of this sort and meanwhile its easy to make them learn too...but not always..lol