1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Can I Forget My First Love - Story - Part V

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by malspie, Oct 4, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

How Can I Forget My First Love – Story - Part V

There was frown on the face of her colleagues. Tony was loud in his comments, “Yeah Subash, now Raas Leela is over, what say”, there was a long pause from Subash, “Sad times last longer”.

Ketal had carried ‘Dokla’ and ‘Tepla’ for lunch. Tony was called inside the cabin. Manila and her friends wished he gets fired today. “He is too much at times, we need to gather up and tell the boss”, Ketal shrieked. “He does not take names, he just drops one liners, its difficult to complain”, Lalitha said sensibly. “He wants all the attention, but we girls never give him, that’s what irritates him”, Van continued. “You girls are discussing Tony like he is the Brad Pitt of this office, forget him, we will find a way to handle him, I am waiting for my probation period to get over”, Manila shot back. “You mean we have to wait for an year and few months to handle Tony, we were treating him like Brad Pitt, but you seem to think he is Osama Bin Laden”, all girls burst in to laughter. Manila was embarrassed. Tony came out with a smile, nobody was happy! Manila was called in, she rushed with her note pad and pen. Fardeen’s looks had the song of Moon hidden in it, she felt butterflies in her stomach, she could not get her eyes off him, they forgot the presence of Farhan. “Take your seat Manila”, Farhan said. “Thank you”, She did not call him by name. “How do you find your job?” Fardeen asked her. She was sure this not what he had to say. “Good Sir, I am still learning, this office is a good platform for all new comers, Farhan has been quite helpful and so are the colleagues”, Manila said softly. Fardeen was quick to catch her taking his brothers name. He let it pass. “Do you know why you are called here?” Fardeen asked. Manila’s head started ticking, Tony had a meeting with the bosses, hope he has not filled in their ears with stupid gossips. She was worried, “No Sir,” she said softly. “Well, Farhan was saying that your efforts are remarkable and your diligence has to be rewarded”, Fardeen had a smile on his lips, his smile was enigmatic. God what’s happening, she was barely listening to him. Farhan stamped her foot, to keep her alert. Farhans action did not take her by surprise, they were friends now. “We have decided to give you a raise and shorten your training period to 3 months and probation to 3 months. Your training period will get over by the end of this month and you will be entitled to a raise of Rs.3500/-. Is it fine with you?” “Sir,”.. Farhan interrupted her, “We will ask the HR Manager to issue you the increment letter with the mention of the change in your probation period”. Manila’s joy had no bounds, she quickly thanked her bosses and started walking towards the door, that’s when Fardeen stopped her, “Listen, do not go and tell your colleagues about it. Its between us and the HR Manager, else, we may have to revise the salary of other staff too, hope you understand”, Manila nodded her head and walked out of the room. Tony called out to Subash, “Kya re tunhe who purana fillum dekhela hain – kya naam hai uska – Ek Phool Do Mali”, “Apun ko bahut pasand hain woh picture’ Subash added.

Manila called up home and asked her family to be ready to go out for dinner today. She was very happy. She rushed home, changed in to her favorite Denim jeans and Tee and they dined out. The next day Farhan buzzed her and whispered, “ Hey how about a movie today,” she was taken by surprise, “Movie … “, “We will celebrate your increment, lets go for a movie this Saturday, if today is not comfortable with you, I can understand”, “Listen..”, “I am not going to eat you up, you can call your friends, but on one condition, you are not going to tell them I am your boss, I hate that “Sir” business”, “If Sir will come to know, you will not lose anything, but I will surely lose my job”, “Who is going to tell him?” “Farhan, theatre is a public place, anybody can spot us, and on a Saturday most of the office crowd catches up with a movie, we cannot take a chance”, “Sometimes we should take, the fun of life is the risk involved in it.. what say, I want to meet Dilnaaz yaar”, “I will ask her to join us, may be two more friends, others are all hooked”, “If they are hooked, they do not go out with their friends!!!”, “No, they prefer to hang around with their love, in our middle class community, you do not find lovers meeting each other every day, they are very busy with their schedule and catch up only during Saturday. Sunday they spend at home quietly sending SMS to each other, its not so modern like your society”, “Fine, you give me the final count, so that I can arrange for the tickets – Basic Instinct – Regal”, “I will confirm tomorrow”, Manila ended the conversation. Is it right if they go out together, Farhan and she had become very good friends, they have started sharing their college days and many other secrets of their life. She was comfortable with him and liked his company. She felt guilty of hiding it from Fardeen…. “Manila, hope we are not meeting Tony finally,” naughty Dilnaaz queried. “What re Dilu, its my colleague, Manohar, I have been telling you all about his jokes and … he has decided to throw a party for me, I do not want to go with him alone, so roping my friends in and he has agreed to it. Jessica and Violet have given their consent, now if you say yes, I will ask him to get the tickets for us… Basic Instinct – yaar, good movie”, “I am coming, lets have fun, we girls will pull his legs royally, he is coming alone, no friends from his side”, “He will be coming with Amar his best friend”, “Manila, you know who his best friend is .. matter seems to be deeper than what you portray, lets see how the “Bakra” looks, we have to call him “Jijajee” one day, “ “Dilu, by watching a movie together, some body does not become Jiju, and stop talking nonsense, please, we are friends and will remain friends, that’s it”, “I was just pulling a fast one dear, common do not get agitated, Saturday, done,”
    Manila buzzed Farhan and confirmed the programme. Fardeen was busy with clients, she could not talk to him.

to be continued.................

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi mals..............

mmmm....plot thickens...

3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Mals,
    Good going, what next and when is it coming??????

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shanthi and Janani,

Keep encouraging me.. and guessing who is Manila's first love....
    Part VI is posted.....

5. jeya04

jeya04 Senior IL'ite

I like this story very much

6. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Who is Manila's first love.... Is it Fardeen.... Will catch up in your next post....

Shanti

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Jeya04

Thanks for the appreciation

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Sashiv

Cannot reveal the suspense here, you have to read the remaining parts to find out.