1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How can I forget my first Love - Story Part I

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by malspie, Oct 1, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

How Can I Forget My First Love - Part I

“Mom, keep the break-fast ready.” Manila rushed out of the shower in a pastel blue salwar suit. She never stepped out of her home without her ‘eyeliner’, brushed her short blunt hair and set it well, polished her sandals and started checking the folder. “How many times are you going to check that folder? Nobody has touched it, just have your break-fast, its getting cold,” there were stern looks in her mother’s eyes. She said a small prayer to the Lord, gobbled her breakfast and rushed out, ‘Mom, I’ll be back soon.” “Wish you the best sweet heart.” She had to make it before time, this was a golden opportunity for her. She managed to remove her train ticket in time and in the air echoed the announcement, “The local arriving on Platform No. 5 is a fast local to Chatrappati Shivaji Terminus halting at Dombivli, Thane, Mulund, Ghatkopar, Kurla, Dadar, and Byculla stations.”

Women commuters had swarmed like bees on the Platform. Manila, tucked her duppatta, pulled her purse in front, and jumped in to the running train. She was palpitating, but, she made it, second side standing. Its quite comfortable, at least, I can rest on the partition and take the crowd. “Main Duniya bula doongi, teri chahat mein” the mobile sang loud, that was her ringtone. She had no spare space to move her hand towards her purse. She let it ring, she was aware about the caller. Though it was her favourite song, it did not amuse her. “Lord Ganesha, just do me a favour today, pleazzzzz, help me grab it”. She was deaf to the noise and commotion in the train. She quickly asked, “Which station is this?” One sleepy eyed woman give her a quizzed look and said “Mulund re baba, with the rush you should understand, I can tell which station it is approaching from the trees and shrubs that pass by.” Manila was surrounded by crowd and the compartment was the world to her. “I have to get off at Chatrappati Shivaji Terminus (C.S.T),” she reminded herself. Held her purse tight towards her chest, duppatta was making her feel little choked, but, she has to wait for Kurla station to get a breather. She could smell bakarwadi and lasoon ki chutney. Normally, she would have smacked her lips, but not today. Manila looked tensed and was on her prayers. The train arrived at Kurla Station, in fraction of few seconds, she pulled her duppatta to a comfort level, opened her purse to check who had called and as she was about to SMS her friend a thank you message, she nearly tripped, commuters had jumped in and were taking positions. Every one tries to be comfortable. Manila held her mobile tight in her hand and suddenly it beeped, a SMS. “Will not take any chance,” she stopped herself from checking on the mobile. Dadar, Byculla, C.S.T. The sun had decided to grin widely. “God, why has the train halted?” she queried, “Signal hai Signal, people standing at the door yelled”. Slowly the train rolled in C.S.T. in 35 minutes. Commuters threw themselves out like luggage. Manila rushed to the ladies Cloak Room at C.S.T to check on her looks and a leak would bring some relief. She dabbed her favourite lipstick and combed her mane, checked on her railway ticket, papers, mobile – SMS and call. She paid Rs.1 to the cleaner only for holding her nose inside the loo, anyways she had no time to argue or fight. She had to rush towards Ballard Pier by BEST Bus. “Conductor, Stop aaya kya.” “Arre, kyon mach mach kar rahela hain, madam, abhi tame hain,” shouted the Conductor. A pot bellied gentleman from behind with a mocking smile fished out to help her, “Madam, I yam alsho getting down at shame shtop, main batayega,”. Manila’s mom had warned her about such incidents, she had the habit of reading out stories from novels to her, “be very careful always” her mother would warn her shaking her index finger. Manila realized such warnings are too dangerous. Pot belly inched his way to the door, signaling her to follow. When he was busy sticking his neck out at the foot board, Manila immediately asked the conductor. “Ballard Pier aya kya”. He nodded. She inched ahead. Pot belly was hanging out a little, “this is to impress me,” Manila assured herself. He jumped out of the running bus, when her eyes landed on him, he signaled to her that the bus-stop is just a little away. Manila cursed herself for doubting that stranger. “I had asked Lord Ganesha to be with me, may be he had come in this disguise; and mom please do not keep reminding me about all those warning, they are baseless and out dated”.

to be continued.......... :wave :wave :wave

1 person likes this.

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Mals ben,

apunko isttorie mast laga ben!! But i do have to find fault with you. You are making me cry daily with all your Mumbai tidbits. Bhakarwadi my favorite. OOh my brother got me some from Chitale Bandhu and that really made my day , this time on my India trip!!.
    I think you captured the Mumbai essence perfectly with the local train, and the local lingo ishtyle :clap :clap ..

Keep going Mals.

Vandhana

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi mals,

apunko bhi ishtorie bahut achha laga. you have captured the essence of mumbai local and also given a peep into manila's character.....waiting for the rest..........
    :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

4. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Mals,
    Love your style and the way give minute details. Way to go B uddy!!!!!!!!:thumbsup

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vandana,

Your words of encouragement has made me move a little further in my story telling......... Its coming in parts coz I am not able to sit through for long, not keeping well... Usual monthly problem........

Chithale Bandus Bhakarwadi and Lasoon Sev is famous, yummy it is.

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Shanthi,

Part II is already posted.... hope you will not get bored reading it... its coming in small small parts........ Thanks for the encouragement.

7. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Hi Mals,
    Well written! :clap
    Will get back to you after I am done with other episodes.

Sindhu

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sindhu,
    Waiting for your valuable comments.

9. phenox

phenox Silver IL'ite

nice one .............full flavored mumbaiya istyle!!!!

10. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame