1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Big Is Your Amazon Wishlist?

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Jey, May 30, 2016.

1. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I was adding a book to my Amazon wish list today and wondered about this? How many books do you all have in your Amazon (or Flipkart) wish list?

Seeing the never-ending wish list, I wish I had a super power. The ability to instantly know, without having to do the work of learning it.

Sindhuja12 and KashmirFlower like this.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

My son's list beats the rest of us at home..to date he has a list of books in the wish list that costs around 1.25lakhs..all are recent editions and none of them are fiction..(he maintains the 1.25lacs value all the time,by adding when he gets a few of them)
    And my wishlist is alwaya long..it has list of these are good to be gifted on bdays to kids in our neighborhood and more...and 45k the value of the list.

So @Jey you are not alone..regarding learning i wish i had a little more power of just photograph and process..
    While son says he wishes to be like chitti of robot movie..lol..

Jey and Gauri03 like this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Not an Amazon wishlist, but I have a "must read before I die" list in Evernote. Currently stands at 1000+ books. At my pace of 30-35 books a year, I'm looking at 30 something years! Of course this doesn't stop me from reading my favorites over and over again. :blush:

Jey and Shanvy like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Gauri03 me too. I hate audibles and love reading..so even at the pace, i read, i am going to need a few decades, who knows???

Last edited: May 30, 2016
    Jey and Gauri03 like this.
  5. Jey

Wow! One of my saving grace is that I don't read fiction that much.

6. Jey

@Shanvy interesting that you view keep track of books by their monetary value. Didn't think of that. I would like to be that robot who just swipes book left and right and he knows stuff. How cool would that be.

Shanvy likes this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Jey numbers play a lot at home..have two finance persons in the family now..and i believe even if it is wish list, we as a family should revisit, rethink before taking the next step.

that is my son's way of keeping track. there was a time when he would keep on adding books and asking us to buy, and we would oblige him because that is the only thing he was/is particular..(he is not into games, nor dresses..) he would not mind giving up everything else for books..

even today a college where the library is good, will win heads up even if the hostel food everything rates down the list..

and on the other hand there is my husband who has just 12 books second hand rare collection of a cowboy series that he is fond off..that is a whopping 65k...

And I am canvassing at the wrong door on carbon foot prints...!!!

Jey likes this.
  8. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

No wish list. I'm an impulse shopper. :blush:

kaniths likes this.