1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How a naive/gullible Housewife was treated in USA !!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by trueloveseek, Nov 24, 2013.

1. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

.........Bow

1 person likes this.
  2. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Was getting bored with DH gone for the Thanksgiving deals. so thought of writing the screen play for the story. Please comment, based on which will think of writing further.

Narrator introduces the protagonists.
    “Meet Ravi, a software engineer working for ABC Corporation, earning well and living a nice, peaceful life. His company has asked him to travel to London for work and he needs to apply for the visa. He is not able to find his passport and is searching.”
    Ravi, murmuring, “Where did I keep the passport”. He is going through closets after closets. Hidden below in one of the closets, he finds a bag. He gets the bag out and opens it. There was a blue jacket. The jacket his mom had given him when we went to Delhi IIT for his engineering after completing his junior college. He felt happy to see the jacket and started smelling it. Then he wore the jacket – remembering all the moments of his college days at IIT. The sun never set. Days went running after professors, spending time in labs, library. In the evening reading, preparing for GRE, partying with friends, going out for drinks, earlier days of getting ragged, and then in later years ragging other juniors. Remembering all those days he started laughing. His hands went into the pocket of the jacket. In the pocket, he found a crumbled paper. He opens the paper. There was something scribbled on the paper. He reads it and suddenly his face became serious – murmuring, “when was this? How did this happen?” He puts the jacket in a hanger and hangs it in the closet. The scene fades on his serious fades.
    The scene opens on a wall clock stuck at 3:30 am. It is night. Ravi is on his bed –awake. His wife, Pia, is fast asleep next to him with her back facing him. Ravi murmuring, “When did it happen? Who is he?” He goes to the closet and gets the paper out of the jacket. He goes to the study room, turns on the light and opens the paper. The paper had hindi film songs scribbled.
    “Dearest Pia,
    Jabse tumko dekha, dekha hi karte hai, tum hi kuch batlao isko kya kehte hai – L O V E….
    P P P P Pia, G G G G Gia, Pia tune mera jia le lia
    Yours and yours
    Truly. “

No name nothing. Ravi murmuring, “Who is this guy?” He turns the paper. The paper was torn, only he could read in a big letters was the word “zoo”. The name and the address were cut off. The part below of the date and the bar code was cut off. Just some info about the zoo was there. Zoo has the rarest animals in the world. He starts thinking – When was this? Where did this paper come from?
    Can’t think of any answer, he goes to the kitchen. From the cabinets below, he gets a bottle of whisky and pours it in a glass and drinks it neat, something he never did before always had it on the rocks. He then strolls around thinking. Finally, takes the paper and puts it in the jacket in the closet and goes to bed. He tries to sleep, turning in bed, but can’t sleep. The scene fades on his face.
    Scene opens with alarm ringing. Ravi is awake and closes the alarm. His head is heavy and eyes popping out with no sleep. He wakes up and goes to bathroom to get ready. Ravi then gets ready to go to office. He comes to the dining table. Pia had made his cereal, bread toast and tea for his breakfast. Ravi just takes tea and gulps it down, ignores the breakfast and takes his bag and goes towards the garage to leave.
    Pia calls, “Ravi aren’t you missing something?” Ravi looks at her questioning what?
    Pia rushes to him to give a hug as usual holding him tight. But there is no response from Ravi. He quickly releases her and without the goodbye kiss, turns and goes to the garage and drives his car on his way to office. In the office also Ravi is not able to work. Heavy head and mind in tension. He removes the paper and is staring at it once again.
    Days pass like this with no clue as to where the paper came from. One night, on his usual stroll now in the study room, his eyes meet a photo frame of his wedding to Pia. His mind goes into flashback on those days.
    After completing his engineering, he had returned home and had got a job at a reputed company – Kata Consulting Services and earning well. Soon his parents started talking about his marriage and started looking for girls. Ravi wasn’t interested. One Friday, evening his parents said, a girl and his family is coming to see him on Sunday, so be in the house and see. The parents had seen the girl and had known the family and liked the proposal.
    On Sunday, Ravis sees Pia and is mesmerized by her beauty. Pia had worn a red sari, with light makeup and was very fair and beautiful. She was also an engineer, had learned classical singing, dancing. They met privately for a 10 minutes with formal talks.
    Two days later, both the families agreed and wedding was fixed.
    After the wedding, they had gone on honeymoon to Mauritius. Both started to bond well, nonstop talking, enjoying the beaches and loving the time together. Once, during dinner, Ravi asks Pia, “You are so beautiful; there must have been some admirers in college?” Pia said, “Not sure of that, but used to receive many roses during rose day”. Ravi continued, “So any moved further”, Pia said “None, my brother was in the same college, senior to me, to may be no one dared.” Ravi starts, pushing, “Was there someone you liked?” Pia thinks and says, “yeah there was one handsome guy whom I liked. But he was very shy and never talked to me or gave me roses. But he made sure that he had eye contact many times during the day”. Suddenly, she starts thinking and says, “Yes, I used to find a note on my desk frequently, it had some hindi film songs scribbled on them but no name. Never got to know who wrote it. My friends used to tease – it must be him, but I doubt it”
    Suddenly, the flashback ends and Ravi starts thinking – Could it be him. He goes to the kitchen and gets his whiskey bottle and starts drinking. – “It must be him”, “It must be him” “How do I find him?” Then on his way to his bedroom, he stops by the bedroom of his daughter – Ria. Ria, is 4 years 3 months old. Ria, combination of Ravi and Pia, a sign of their love. Ravi goes to Ria and give a kiss on her forehead and then suddenly he realizes that over the last 4 years, he has been to the zoo 3 times with his daughter and then thinks, it must be one of those zoo. He goes back to the study room and finds the credit card statements to find when they went to the zoo. He finds all the dates. Then his mind is thinking – Now what?
    Again he makes another drink and starts thinking. He then searches for cell phone bills of Pia and searches calls made during those dates. Most of the numbers he could recognize except one. He notes that number and murmurs, “This must be it”.
    Next day, he calls the number, but there is no response. He spends the whole day in office restlessly. Finally, he goes home and starts talking to pia about ria and that they have not gone to zoo for a long time. Slowly approaches the topic about the last visit and finally questions about the number. Pia, thinks of the day and says quickly, “Yeah that was Seema. She had gone to the mall and on her way back had a flat tire. Her husband was out of town, so she called me to help her from a public phone. Her phone battery was down. So I went to help her with our AAA account.”
    Ravi starts thinking. This could not be him then. Yet he had to check it out. Next day, he calls Seema’s husband and eventually gets the story collaborated on the pretext of him needing to change his tires. So again a dead end, - who could this person be?
    Again on his night routine in his study room, trying to solve the puzzle, drinking, he thinks hard. Again goes to the closet and takes out the bag that had the jacket and starts searching the bag. In one of pockets of the bag, he finds a crumpled paper. The paper is a receipt of the “Townplace Suites, Greenville, South Carolina”. Suddenly, his mind goes into flashback of the incidents that happened 5 years back.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. Akanksha1982

Please note:

All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely (co)incidental and (un)intended.

2 people like this.
  4. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Another new talent in the world of ILites :cheers

2 people like this.
  5. TheAlchemist

TheAlchemist Silver IL'ite

took few times of fading and then I got it

:coffee

laugh1smiley

Aks must be a veteran, this can't be an amateur

Amazing ... is this from some movie ? never heard of it but creativity ... ek dum Jhakaas

:bowdown

:biglaugh

Brad thinks this script has to be from someone in Hollywood and he won't act if we don't let Angelina act as the wife in this "Trilogy". He is so confident of the script that he wants to be a 50% partner and If we don't agree, he will make it himself :coffee

I was chatting with Steven sometime ago and he was suggesting we open a Film Academy to cultivate all this talent. Only one condition, Aks has to be the Princi

6. Akanksha1982

wow! the OP is back. He can take over the script now. Sorry, for all the spelling and grammatical mistakes. Was writing at 3 am in the morning.

1 person likes this.
  7. my2angels

my2angels Silver IL'ite

I had made some posts on this thread and I see that my posts have been deleted. May I ask Anitap why that happened?

Why was I the only one whose posts were targeted and deleted?

So many female members made fun of this thread because it looks like a made up story. So their posts are intact and Mine were deleted because?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  8. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

I checked the entire thread DG. I don't see any post of yours that has been unapproved by me or any other mod.

Probably admins have deleted your post when I was off for two days last week. You may contact them if you interested.

9. bookworm55

bookworm55 New IL'ite

Right. Married men approach other vulnerable women for affairs in the US and never anywhere else. This happens in India as well. I was in the US for three years, and i came across quite a few of those pervert indian married types youre talking about.

But, This was done by an Indian man to an Indian woman in a different country. In that context, the country does not play an important role. It is just that the creep made use of the fact that your wife was isolated and hence vulnerable.

When i read the thread, i thought this was going to be a saga of racism, green card woes and maybe even a touch of "lost in translation" esque settings.

Not to make light of the situation, but experiences like this only make women stronger. What you should have done is (since you'r e the better equipped person in this situation with your knowledge of English and all): thrown a couple of gaalis around, made a mess of his face or even best of all, told his wife. She would have made sure that this does not happen again.

Anyways, to each his own.

3 people like this.
  10. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

BW, I like the way you write. Which makes perfect sense, given your name.