Housewarming Ceremony During Periods..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Apr 10, 2023.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Is it okay to go to a housewarming ceremony during periods? There will be pooja and pandit Ji..plus it’s my husband side of relative.Will be also staying there for two days..

2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I would ask the host . We have monthly religious gatherings and women with periods are welcome . They don’t participate in Aarathi activities. For some people it might be religious event with significance for others it might be a social gathering. Respecting the host is the right thing to do.

MalStrom and joylokhi like this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

It depends on the host. Ask them.

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Am not answering OP’s query.
    But some other anecdote cross my mind which I couldn’t resist posting here. If it is out of place, moderator is kindly requested to do the needful.

In kanya Pooja during Navarathri at Sanskrit college open grounds with make shift pandal on a Friday in 1956 or 57 at Sanskrit college Mylapore, Periyavazhl from dais called an assistant and whispered into his left ear.

Soon a sumangali dressed in traditional came rushing to the dais and prostrated the monk. She was the mother of one of nine kanya girls assembled on the dais as participants in the Kanya Pooja.

I saw that particular girl around twelve or thirteen years in silk attire being called endearingly by her mother and she risen up joined mother on other side. The girl too prostrated the monk.

Periavhal blessed both girl & her mother; and they received from hands of His holiness, a large silver platter containing மங்கல பொருள்கள், நிறைய விரலி மஞ்ஞள், beetal leafs, a maroon silk saree, Fruits and a packet of Kanji mutt kungumam- vermillion.

They walked off the dais and their gait now was a tad rushing out.

Later by word of mouth the gathering understood that the girl was going to attain puberty in a short while. And after an hour, there was a message that that particular girl had come of age.