horrid habits !!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by kainaath, May 1, 2010.

1. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

hi jaya, biting of nails is something common sort of, i think 8/10 children do it.
    but its good that u got rid of the old dirty habit...thanz to your darling husband.

i know, now i sound like an ANGEL, but I was a worst form of a DEVIL before.lots of people there to second that...darling sis..stay off i know u will be the first to second it.

2. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

3. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Ahem.. Role reversal there..

My DH used to bite his nail whenever he finds time.. or :ideadid he find time to bite nail.. I don't know..:hide:. It was like almost all the time yaar..:spin He will do it till there is NO nail to bite and tips are about to bleed!

If I catch him alone at home biting, I give a 'chella' slap on that wrist. He would stop it with a smile. Gradually the biting reduced. Now he even has something like nails on his fingers. :thumbsup

But still he bites if he is into any deep thinking. And the slap still works. :rotfl

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  4. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]When I am thinking very deeply and I am completely engrossed in it...I start biting my tongue :-([/JUSTIFY]

5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

tongue?! never heard of it, Sai. Hope the biting is not severe. :) Do you plan to control it?

6. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Haha Yeah biting is not severe. But it looks as if I am eating something :-(. Yeah I definitely plan to control it...but somehow it happens involuntarily...by the time I come out of that thinking I notice I am biting it already [/JUSTIFY]

7. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

so it is like nail biting. too bad the solution cannot be as easy as a slap on the wrist..:rotfl

8. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Same here and I controlled. :bonk

Another bad habit is 'Eating disorder'. I don't stick to any schedule. And taking food depends on my mood. If happy, eating more and if sad, skipping food - very bad habit. Now I understood how serious impact it has. :spin

9. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

biting of tongue...i have seen people do that when they have uttered spomething that should not have been said, like cursing someone..
    But a habit..pretty weird.
    are u doing sumthing to stop it, share it if yes.

10. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

For goodness's sake don't give that up!
    That is fine habit to keep you creative and dementia at bay when (may that day be far away) you join the senior citizens.

Enchanted Mind - The Art of Doodling

Arunadhri