1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

horrid habits !!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by kainaath, May 1, 2010.

1. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

lets be honest ..... we all hav horrid/ horrible habits.
    but the question here is .. What does one do to get rid of these habits???

2. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

my take on this is...... firstly people need to accept that a particular habit is bad, and then only the process of cleansing it can take place.

3. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

Every time someone opens a thread, the OP should post their inputs first to kick start the discussion.

So what are your bad habits ?

4. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

one horrid habit that i used to hve was using a lots of abusive language, i wouldnt complete a sentences without the word "f******"

in order to get rid of this...i started bittin my tongue real hard, after numerous bites and cut, i didnt realise wen i stopped using the word.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Interesting, Kai! Thought boys (alright, some boys) had sole proprietary on such words.. :bonk. Good you worked on that. :)

6. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

hey mst....i thought u were yawning in the tangent thread.

anyways..i think girls are no less than boys, my female frnds still use these words (bi***, As*****, etc) and they wonder how i flinch now to it,wen years ago i was the principal to this school

7. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

That's funny. :rotfl Now which school are you heading? OOPS.. tangent remark. willc atch u there. Bye..

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  8. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

hey i think im jst getting off the hook with the mod....help me stay that way....

heading no school now......its always gud to be a student, learn faster that way.

9. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Hi Kai,

Interesting thread.

Interesting haan...never imagined you using the dreaded 4 letter word.. Good you got rid of that. :)

My bad quirk or habit was biting my nails.....I bite my nails when I am excited, happy, nervous, sad, angry, while watching movies especially......:rotfl

Now I have cut down on that a lot because for one I don't have a grown nail at all..LOL, they are too short to be chewed and secondly my DH had made a policy that if he catches me biting my nails he would hit on my hand...and owww that hurts okay. So I cut down on that a lot and now I don't that anymore.....thank goodness.

10. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

Got over my rounds of bad habits, like biting nails i stopped after schooling started growing nail, otherwise i never knew even when i was biting--after an exited movie all were gone,--slowly after adding nail polish and and admiring the beauty, slowly stopped.

Another scratching my head while thinking or biting the pen or pencil for time pass,--got over it
    scribbling when having a paper and pen--drawing, scribbling--making designers rubbish-----still to get over,