1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Horrible living conditions of house.., stingy PILs.. plz suggest..!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by silverlight, Aug 13, 2012.

1. 27csweetangel

27csweetangel Silver IL'ite

girls, some of the posts are really hilarious,,
    Sorry Op, about your situation,,i deal with such messy,dirty,unhygeinic house,kitchen ,toilets,living room,guest rooms for 2 months every year when inlaws visit us in here in USA,,most dirty part was bathroom,,i mean FIL used to comb away all his hair in wash basin,,MIL, long henna colored hair every where on bathroom floor,,sorry i may sound harsh,,but here we don't have maids to clean,,and i have to literraly clean myself cause DH doesn't care,,whtever snacks they bought from India ,put anywhere in any available space in my kitchen ,dining table,refrigerator top.i mean it is s so irritating,,a beautiful coffee table in living room covered in all their garbage for two months,,all food dropping on sofas eww...initially i took so much load of cleaning house when they came ,,then second i dint' bother much,,because i used to keep cleaning and it dint stay clean even for 2 days,,Few things i did was got large storage containers to keep there scattered stuff together..got some fragrant kitchen cleaners to encourage MIL to clean sinks and kitchen counters :).Many more things which i dint like ,,dont want o post here :)

2. insha

insha Gold IL'ite

Ohhh...Iam such a hygiene freak that my parents themselves cant tolerate..reading these posts here Iam wondering how I will tolerate if I may have to face such situations in future:spin

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

It's terrible when one has to deal with such extremes - one extreme in one's own home and then the other in the IL's home. Try telling them about hygiene, it becomes a major issue and they ask "Do you mean to imply that we lived unhygienically till you came along". It does take a huge effort to find a balance.

2 people like this.
  4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Girls,
    This is only the tip of the ice berg, I can't write every thing here. Hubby is only changed a little, if I insist too much, he tells me I am free to walk out.
    I went to attend a seemantham of a relative in a place in North. Marriage took place in Chennai in a grand manner and the groom's side looked like they were very decent . When we reached their house, we all had the shock of our lives- the house was a small 4 room building on the main road, you have to cross over the storm water drain to reach the house. Large rats were running on the roof even during the daytime, when people are there. The girl's family have a large flat in Delhi and they live a decent life. Just imagine her Mother's state of mind. Luckily, girl stays in Delhi in a good flat now. In laws are always on tour and so she can keep a clean house.

5. redbird1

redbird1 Bronze IL'ite

For a second,I thought you are talking about me. We both sail on the same boat :cheers

Bathroom is the most messier place, shower cover needs a change every 2 weeks.

When MIL is going to use some hair dye from the indian bazaar, Am in trouble, changed 2 sets of bathroom rugs in a months time, blacks dots all over the bathroom sink, tub and floor.

I wonder whether she applies dye and roam around in the petit bathroom. :rant

I should get a kottu (one tight punch) on my head to be serving as a maid to this family.

Poor DH, he hates strands of hair lying around, he just keeps quite for all these mess.:hiya

6. malarun

malarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Eandian

Even I used to feel the same... I dont bother if they litter things in the living room or their bedroom.
    I need the kitchen bathroom and my bedroom neat at all times... Thank God they visit us very rarely after all the conditions I laid in my house...
    Infact the minute I hear my ILs even my SIL for that matter coming I stick the rules sheet in every door of my house..

Else the status of my house is this

-> all the coffee tumblers and used plates will be lying on sofa or on my bed...
    -> bathroom no menion it is horrible...
    -> Slippers with mud inteh living room and they clean the mud in the living room...

Now my DH has taken the task of instructing them to be clean when they are here..
    Now my MIL feels she is comfortable in her native itself...
    They make fun of me saying I am some sort of weird person with so much of attitude...

I just give a deaf ear... MY DH used to fall sick very often before marriage...

Now he is hale and healthy ... touchwood...

Thanks
    Malar

7. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Hi Eandian,
    I could not stop my laughter reading this.

"My MIL fought against putting wardrobes in our apartment. Dh had never known what wardrobes mean (not because they could not afford it but because they liked to live in a pig sty with all clothes hanging in one nylon wire across the room breeding mosquitoes)"
    All depends and my SIL is fed up in our house also this time its others heheheeheh cleanliness is required everyone should understand this.

8. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

They call me clean monster and make fun that I am a psycho.:-(

I Shd be the one making fun.

9. SamidhaRS

SamidhaRS Silver IL'ite

Hey Dear,
    Like many others said, u r not alone. I am also wid u.
    Though diff is my MIL opt for cleaning, but in terms of House arrangement, I second u. Many of my friends insist to see my house, but I always give some reason & avoid them
    Yes, water is stored in small pots & kept everywhere in kitchen. A rack in which we keep Potato, Onions etc is kept in living room. Our bedroom is a store room. We keep everything else except Bed there. We dont hv Sofa, Bed, Kitchen storage yet in our home.
    It isnt like that we can't afford it. But my MIL keeps giving reason whn we talk about furniture or storage solution.
    And I know how these PILs react if u buy somthing widout their permission.
    But then let me tell u, wht I learnt from our indusladies. Jus do what u feel is right, dont bother about PILs. They will not understand u. I completed 1 1/2 yr of marriage, always with the thought that she will understand me. but it didn't hapen. So take ur husbund into the confidence & start changing things.
    All the best...

10. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

i am also with you ladies.......my MIL is that she dont like whatever i buy she says why did you give so much money to this if you had given to SIL she will bring nice quality in cheaper price. she does chapathis on plastic chair and bake in pump stove inspite of having gasstove she says gas will exhaust soon so stingy..........she dont use washing machine (ofcourse she dont know how to operate it) but when i say ill do she says a big no for that. we have our SIL son with us he is already studying in 2nd standard but he gets up and have chapathi without brushing if i object my MIL says thats nothing he is small. My god i strictly told my DH that i dont want to bring up my child in this house still in moms place. but, he is a mama boy he is not letting me to do so.