hormone analysis need some help

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ranorano, Dec 18, 2010.

1. ranorano

ranorano New IL'ite

please help me clear my doubt:

1.all my reorts like tube test-hsg,laproscopy all are normal.

2.sa of my dh is as follows:

total sperm count-90 millions/ml
    motility:75%
    garde of motility-3rd
    normal sperm morphology:90%

is this report normal?????

problem of mine is my lh level problems:

1.fsh level-5.18mlu/ml (cd3 day analysis.)
    2.lh level-11.18mlu/ml (cd3 day analysis.)

is this abnormal level of lh is hindering my pregnancy,iam in ttc process since last 4 years,and iam really really scared now.

i have pcod problem also.....

thanx in advance for ur valuable piece of advice.

best of regards.

2. ranorano

ranorano New IL'ite

so many views and no reply?pls pls guys help me iam not at all good with aall this issues.

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Your DH sperm report looks fantastic!! Are you sure you wrote down your LH/FSH correctly? LH looks a bit high to me and could be indicative of PCOS. But LH can change from month to month so get it checked in a few months. It is good that your FSH is less than 6, it indicates you have a good store/quality of eggs.

Read here for more info :

Hormone Levels & Fertility Bloodwork - Fertility Plus

FSH is often used as a gauge of ovarian reserve. In general, Day 3 values under 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good, 9-10 fair, 10-13 diminished reserve, 13+ very hard to stimulate.

In PCOS testing, the LH:FSH ratio may be used in the diagnosis. The ratio is usually close to 1:1, but if the LH is higher, it is one possible indication of PCOS. A normal day 3 LH level is similar to FSH. An LH that is higher than FSH is one indication of PCOS.

One simple cure for pcos is to walk 30 minutes daily, eat less carbs and more protein and consume lot of methi (fenugreek). Soak a spoon of seeds overnight in a cup of water, drink it the next morning. resoak the seeds and drink water. change seeds every 2-3 days. this greatly helps with pcos.

4. ranorano

ranorano New IL'ite

thanx pmahensa,

yes my lh is 11.18 unit itself.and i have pcos i guess yes this ratio 1:2 is indicator of pcos.

fenugreek seed remedy sounds very nice,just tell me two things:

1.how many times a day i have to drink this methi water?after soaking it overnight i will drink that water...again i have to soak those seeds in water..for how much time i have to resoak it before drinking again?

2.is it having any adverse effect on ttc?i know there wont be any.but iam really scared after trying so many years desparately for a child.

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Rano,
    Welcome to Indus Laddies & to this forum.
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

Your LH count is high. Since your tube & uterus conditions are fine, with some good medical support, you can conceive! Be positive. Your DH's count is great! Don't worry!
    Are you over weight? Have irregular periods?
    Baby dust to you!

6. mom29

mom29 New IL'ite

yes...sa is really sounding great as vasu mam said.

lh is higher side this is clear indication of pcos...again as vasu mam said consult ur re for ur future protocol.

this is a great place to share your ttc doubts and queries..properly follow it...have faith in god and believe urself.[​IMG]

baby dust to u all.[​IMG]

are u following fenugreek regime?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010