1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hoping Mil To Die

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sadwife, Jun 11, 2023.

1. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Why does another religion girl Matter?
    She just needs the have the intent to take care.

Ragavisang and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

It matters to them. She is not only of different religion but different race too.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

I can never forgive her for sure. I make myself forget of her existence and during that period I will be very happy and have peace of mind but the moment any function coming up I will feel so down again. My husband says now that she knows I will not just keep quiet if she says or does something unpleasant, she will be very careful with me will be within her limits. But I know the minute I give some face to her she will start her nonsense all over again!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

I feel it's unfair. My husband is not the only son or child. I know anger is not good for me but I just can't help it. As long as I don't have to deal with her I will be fine. I just don't want to have to do anything with her. I want zero contact with her. DH can go visit her whenever he wants.

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

Good luck to you... what goes around comes around... :thumbup::thumbup:

6. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Your husband cant run away, he has to share responsibility even if you like it or not. Its not easy for him either. His situation is like a person in between the devil and the sea. I hope this wont affect your married life. In your another post you mentioned "Overall she is a good MILcompared to so evil MILs out there".But I can't digest the fact that she is happily enjoying the care ofmy DH". Your dh didnt stand up for you when she hurt you. Its his problem. He didn't stand up when you were rude to his mom either. He has to stand up for you and his mom- however bad you guys or situation are. Both your roles in his life is unique, one can't replace the other. So, its not fair to her too. No one has to tolerate bad behavior from anyone. You need to discuss with dh and find a practical solution that works for both of you. Let him know your decision you mentioned above that you dont want her in your life (will he be able to digest it) , but you don't stop your dh or your kids. I am not judging who is right or wrong as you three know the complex reality- just mentioning different angles of this situation.

Unless you set yourself free from these extreme thinking, your are going to be hurt and burned in this fire, no one else. Its a vicious cycle. So, I suggest you to try therapy, flush this out of your system, forgive yourself for being in this situation. I am suggesting this as you may end up punishing yourself if you dont. These strong negativivity can affect overall health too. Makesure you are eating nutrient rich food and taking care of your health. So, try to reach a middle ground. Its your life, your choice. My suggestion here is to prevent you from its long term side effects. You need to heal yourself. Only, you can help yourself for it.Take care

Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
  7. Anbhu

Anbhu Silver IL'ite

Taking care of parents when they are in ill health is children duty. In case if it happens that she need help you can let your H to live with his mom for some years and he can visit you and your kids. You should make yourself prepared to take care of yourself and kids with some help from you H during that period.

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

DDream,
    It's nice that you pointed out DH didn't stand up for me or for her either. But I still won't agree it's unfair for her too as she was the one who started everything. One thing that makes me feel a bit better is that DH mentioned that in the event his mother got really over board or extreme then for sure he would sound his mother. Maybe for now I should believe that she wouldn't come and stay with us and just be focused with my life and family. Decide later when the time comes.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    Viswamitra likes this.
  9. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

We have seen those who were filial to their parents been abandoned by their own children and those who avoided their parents for whatever reason been looked after well by their children. It's not people treat you by how you treat others, it's more to people treat you based on how you treat them. We should stop trying to make people feel guilty for giving importance to their own well being, emotional and mental health.

10. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

DH wouldn't agree to stay away from us.