1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Honor Killing - a new trend in my rising India

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by justlikethat, Jun 24, 2010.

1. justlikethat

justlikethat New IL'ite

For past few days, everytime I log on to any TV news Channel.. aajtak\Samay etc.. most of the news in prime hour are about some honor killing.. brother killing his own sister/Uncle supporting brother that what he did was right and it teaches a good lesson to the entire society..

My heart aches n cries for those girls ..I feel ashamed of my bharat mahan.. even in this time, there are people who think like that and do such actions. They showed 3 cases on TV in past 2 days and all the murderers are well educated youth.. When will people really grow up?

want to write more.. but at this time, I am just so full of sadness..

2. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

I doubt that it is something new. I am sure it has been going on for some time. It is just that media is drawing attention to the social problems. This is good in a way because by drawing attention to the issue, we can pressure law makers and civic officials to take a stand and enforce the law against such barbaric acts.

3. justlikethat

justlikethat New IL'ite

Hey BeeAmma,
    you are right.. there is nothing new in this and this has been happening for a long time now..

I agree n hope, media making a big deal out of it will wake up law makers to make some strict rules against such happening.

Regards,

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

yes, it has been existing for a long time.real barbarians not fit to live in a civilized society.No person in his right mind can think that he has a right to kill another human being. But then the law is not strong enough to put an end to such acts so it continues.