1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Home Sweet Home

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Dec 14, 2021.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Went on a mega long ride last evening to attend a wedding reception - 35 kms ride and 2.5 hours each way - in the direction of Kanakapura (of Art of Living fame). To say the drive quite literally shook the contents of my skull, would be the understatement of the year!

Make no mistakes. Ain't complaining in the least. Which govt body rewards yours with an adventure akin to a moonride in return for your taxes and votes? You don't have to be on the almost successful mission on Chandrayaan to experience the moment of touchdown. Our friendly BBMP takes care of that for no more than your road tax. Cheap ride to the moon, right?

This august body spends all its time industriously digging up the roads, trying to perfect the moon crater effect not to mention digging up the beginning / end of almost every other road. Uncool (respected spouse of Auntie) Google insists on giving one a darshan of every by lane, some of which give a real high - literally. Suddenly one comes across structures resembling gigantic concrete coffin tops (NO exaggeration here!) built on these roads! Get over them safely and you don't end up in one. No less than an adventure trip. Trying to drive anywhere is a combination of two games - landmine and a rat maze. Getting back home through it all is like getting to the piece of cheese at the end (my home a piece of cheese??? [​IMG] Hmm) and the expression "Home sweet home" washes down a sore spine like a cool shower on a hot summer's day and gratitude takes on a whole new meaning.

Amica, Yumna, shyamala1234 and 5 others like this.

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Did you see me in any of those gigantic structures? :grinning::grinning:

Metro was(is) an option on Kanakpura road. The many new "SILK BOARD JUNCTIONS" are getting ready here:grin:

satchitananda likes this.
  3. satchitananda

Ouch! Can imagine how tough it is living there. Have a cousin living there too. This resort was another 12-13 kms further from the last metro. Right now we are in an enviable situation where we have neither metro nor road. The flyover on Inner Ring Road is lying half done and that road is also a nightmare to travel on.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

You are an expert in converting a painful experience into a wonderful and humorous snippet in a heartbeat. At least, you are traveling by car from one place to another as opposed to Chennaites who are leaving their sweet homes in a boat. I was going to perform a puja for commencing our dream house construction in Chennai on December 13th only to be told by the Architect and Builder that our land is filled with 1 1/2 feet water. We have now postponed the puja to January 2022.

Whenever you speak for the roads in Bangalore, I go back to my memories of traveling from Ulsoor to Naganathapura by road to reach our office when I worked in Bangalore. The morning drive used to be less than an hour where evening return home used to be somewhere between 2-3 hours. This is in 1995-1996. I am not sure what is the status now. I used to envy the scooter riders who drive on the opposite direction road against the traffic.

Only one comment comes to my mind. I remember the days when the doctors used to dispense a solution to cure diseases and tell us to shake the bottle before using the medicine. If we take such medicines now, we can shake it inside our body.

Stay safe and I will be visiting India in March. I will come and see you and I prefer to see you in one piece, my friend. :)

Anusha2917 and satchitananda like this.
  5. satchitananda

Dear Viswa,

Interesting thought. Was considering the boat ride option. Just occured to me that there would not be any bumps there!!! :-D

Talking of the trip from Ulsoor to Naganathapura or anywhere for that matter by road, the less said the better. A ride of 10 kms to the hospital takes the BH a good hour through the not so silky smooth Silk Board Junction (or any other route for that matter). Unfortunately scooter is no longer an option for me and the sanest option is to stay indoors as much as possible.

:roflmao:

Sorry to hear that your bhoomi poojan is being postponed. But really look forward to meeting you when you come.

Viswamitra likes this.
  6. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    During this pandemic we are confined to house most of the time. Depressed, missing small pleasures of life and crave to go out. When we go out with mask and sanitiser....while walking we have to look at the traffic and potholes on the road. If in vehicle need a lot of patience to overcome all the hurdles you mentioned. Finally when back home....what a relief!!!!!
    Story of every metrocity.
    Syamala

satchitananda likes this.
  7. satchitananda

Hi Syamala,

so good to hear from you. Really sad state of affairs. We can only hope and pray for better times to come.