1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Home Sweet Home

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by beautifullife30, Sep 20, 2016.

1. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Recently, I went on a long pending vacation with my family – me, my DH and my kids went to attend a function in another state.

So I was in this hyper mode from a week earlier . All had to go well on this trip. No last minute hiccups to ruin this vacation for us. I spent an entire week prior to the travel planning, organizing, arranging, re-arranging the stuff to be taken. I almost snapped at my DH and kids if they touched anything that I had carefully packed for our vacation. You see, I always thought that I needed this long due vacation from cooking, cleaning, dusting, wiping, running around kids. This break was a perfect get-away for me! I had it all planned and nothing was allowed to ruin.

So after all the waiting, I said good-bye to my house on the day of journey, and we started :cheer:. The flight journey was comfortable. On reaching there, we went to our aunt's house and they provided the best room for us to ensure our stay was comfortable. Added to that, there was no worry about cooking for two days :banana:. There were other kids in my aunt's house to run around my tiny devils, so no worries about who is taking care of the kids :grinning-smiley-048:. We visited all the places that I had planned to visit earlier. But for some reason, I couldn’t just manage to get sleep in the night. There was some strange feeling inside me, like I was missing something. I held my DH's hand, hugged my kids but sleep kept evading me..:grazy::hollering:

The function which was scheduled on the second day of our visit, went on well. We had a gala time there. Took a lot pictures, created a lot of memories. Again, in the night, I had a fitful sleep. I was not sure why I couldn’t sleep well. We had the best food, best accommodation but still this strange feeling of missing something kept me company!:hmmm::hmmm:

Finally the trip came to an end. We said our good byes and started back. I spent most of my return journey in a daze just wondering why the trip didn’t make me as happy as I thought it should! :facepalm::facepalm:

The moment I stepped into my home, my running started again. Give kids a bath, cooking breakfast, feeding kids, making lunch, feeding them again, washing clothes, drying clothes.

It was almost late afternoon by the time I could complete all my work and take a well-earned rest. As my head hit the pillow, the feeling of comfort that I felt was immeasurable.

That’s when I realized that all the while, I was missing the comfort of my home. Just being at my home wearing PJs and running around my house doing stuff gave me so much satisfaction that lying idle in AC rooms somewhere else couldn’t!

Agree, a vacation is needed now and then, but this trip made me realize the happiness in doing things for my family! And lounging around in the bed with DH and kids, doing nothing but just pillow fighting is also a best form of vacation! :D

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Very true! Nothing like our home!
    Thanks for the write up.
    Vaidehi

beautifullife30 likes this.
  3. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

hehe yeah true :D

4. beautifullife30

Thanks V!

vaidehi71 likes this.
  5. beautifullife30

:D

Caide likes this.
  6. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

i feel comfortable only in our house than any other place :D

vaidehi71 and beautifullife30 like this.
  7. beautifullife30

yeah me too! My elder one is like me on that. Where ever we go, within 15 minutes, he starts nagging us, mommy, how long will it take to go home for us! :eek:

vaidehi71 and Caide like this.
  8. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

haha :D i dont feel comfortable may be thats also one case

vaidehi71 likes this.
  9. sanskruthi

sanskruthi Silver IL'ite

Yes I agree. East or west home is best. I too cant sleep comfortably anywhere other than my home my bed my pillow.

10. beautifullife30

Ah...that feeling when you go to sleep on your bed n your fav pillow, under a cozy blanket.... nothing can beat that!