1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Home remedies for cold&cough in kids

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by PrathyushaCh, Jan 19, 2011.

1. PrathyushaCh

PrathyushaCh New IL'ite

Home remedies for Severe Cough & Cold in kids <hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> My DD is 15months old and has been sick all through out this winter. Tired of taking her to doctor often. Any home remedies on how to alleviate her congestion? She's not able to sleep during the nights. I'm afraid she might get ear infection if her cold isn't treated. Last time she had cold for few days and she immediately got ear infection and was on high dose antibiotics for 20 days, 2 doses daily and as soon as we stopped the antibiotics, she got Yeast infection. By reading all this, you must have realized, she goes to daycare and this is her first winter in daycare. I'm so tired and feel so bad for her and with all these health issues, she lost lot of weight as she didn't feel like eating anything...

I'm following all these tips and nothing seems to be really working.

1) Humidifier with vicks in the night
    2) Putting her in the bathroom with hot shower ON
    3) Head is elevated when she's asleep

Please help, desperate for advices

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

1. As soon as she comes home, wash her hands, face and feet to prevent daycare germs from entering the home. If possible, keep her daycare shoes/coats etc outside the house / in the garage so that they don't enter her home living area. You can also ask the daycare people to wash her hands often throughout the day.

2. Give her a teaspoon of honey morning and evening, mixed together with a few drops of ginger juice.

3. Give her some good probiotics (in whole foods, refrigerated section) to help build up her immune system.

4. Keep her dressed in a onesie at night, or pyjamas with socks. Apply a dab of vicks to the bottom of her feet right before going to bed. It will help her breather easier. Feet must be covered by onesie or socks after vicks is applied.

5. You can use lysol antibacterial spray to clean out all items at home that she touches/uses on a daily basis. I clean up my son's stuff atleast 1 time per week this way or immediately after he has a playdate with other kids. this way, if they have tracked in any germs, I can get rid of them.

Good luck!!

3. csviji

csviji New IL'ite

Hi,
    Cough and cold are symtoms of imbalance. it is important to address the root cause and not the symtoms. From what i have learnt in naturopathy, cough and cold should not be suppressed by giving any medicing but a lot of tender coconut water or orange juice will enable the flum to come out thereby making the patient free from cough or cold.

Note: as soon as this done, it will appear that the patient has more cough or cold but the system is actually working on it to send out the toxin (or filth) out of the body.

Hope this helps.