Home-made chocolates. Suggestions to expand business

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by varsha rohitkumar, Nov 26, 2006.

1. varsha rohitkumar

varsha rohitkumar New IL'ite

I make some home-made chocolates at home. And i am looking for suggestions from this forum for how to expand my small business. I am lucky that even my mother-in-law is assisting me in this business. Infact she is more energetic than me in taking the initiative for starting this business. But we are short of ideas and are looking for your valuable suggestions from this forum for how to increase the sales of home-made chocolates?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2006

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Varsha !

Welcome to this beautiful forum.
    I suggest, you get in touch with The Hindu - Food column, which appears on the Wednesday edition. There are many contact no:s of small time catering business, podis, chocolates etc. The main person is Rashmi Uday Singh whose e mail id is also given.
    You may go through that column & decide.
    You can also give an advt in Mylapore Times, Adyar Times etc which are very popular now.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai Varsha,
    welcome to the forum. Good Foodline is a column in the Hindu metro which comes on Wednesday. I once recommended the Chennai Culinary Institue in that column thro e mail and Mrs.Chandri Bhat (the Principal of the Int.) said she received many calls and got much students. So it is a really good way of spreading word. You yourself could send the details thro e mail. Watch for the issue on Wednesday, then you will know.

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

A small suggestion

U can post your phone num and email id so that members of this community living in Chennai can contact you when they are interested in getting your choclates

5. narmadaysr

narmadaysr Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I'm in Hyderabad I checked in Hindu column here can you guide me with suggestions/ contact details applicable to Hyderabad.

Regards,
    Narmada