1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Home decoration tips

Discussion in 'Indians in Jersey City' started by umarvind, Aug 15, 2007.

1. umarvind

umarvind New IL'ite

Hi:
    Can anybody share their thoughts on home decoration. All the tips are welcome right from the places of keeping aromatic candles , mirrors, clocks etc. to the type of curtains to be used onto the windows. All I want is when a person enter the house, he/she should feel relaxed and feel the positive energy.

Also like some thoughts on decorating a baby girl's room.

Right now I think of the following items..
    1. Keeping a welcome board on the main door.
    2. Keeping wind chime in the living room.
    3. Placing a nice flower vase next to the living room sofa.
    4. Having a nice wall poster opposite to the main ( 3 -seat not love seat) sofa.

thanks
    Uma.

2. desidiva

desidiva New IL'ite

Hi Uma,

I don't know what style of decoration you are looking for and the atmosphere you want to create. However, you can check out hgtv.com and see if you like some ideas from them. Also, if you are planning on painting the interior of your home or baby's room, you can do some neat things at some of the following sites such as selecting colors and try it out in different areas of the home (some even allow you to use your own home pics).

Benjamin Moore & Co. (they also have room design ideas).
    DIY Painting Products and Color Expertise from Sherwin-Williams
    Behr Paint and Wood Stain - House Paint and Wood Stains

Most of these ideas are not going to be targeting an Indian style of decoration but you can at least create a fusion style of your own by borrowing concepts and ideas, if nothing else. Also, if you have cable with hgtv channel, watch some the shows they have. Especially shows like decorating cents that target low budget decoration ideas.

If you are interested in buying Indian decorating pieces, furniture, art, etc. there are a couple of places that I know of in NJ that you can go to. There is one in Metuchen and another warehouse in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Jersey City</st1:place></st1:City>. I will have to get the exact address so, if interested, let me know.

I hope this helps!

Vib