1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hobbies you are passionate about !

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Priya77, Jul 11, 2012.

1. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

well actually my hobbyz sleeping....if that counts. and oh, im pretty good at it. ;)

2 people like this.
  2. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

I like reading a lot, not rich literature stuff, just simple books by Indian authors. When I was in India, I'd order atleast 2 books per month for a mere 200-300 rs., I have a good collection of them.

I also like reading blogs, started my own blog recently. I write simply on recipes I tried, few book reviews, places I visit.

So I can say my hobbies are reading, cooking, travelling.

3. angelindreams

angelindreams Bronze IL'ite

I used to paint and sketch during my college days and played enough computer games. I was addicted to AOC and quake during my college times . Now i read a lot and yeah i have a cooking website too . I dont work full time. so i guess i get enough time to do all these :)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  4. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

i love gardening..especially kitchen gardening.. i produce ladies fingers, tomatoes, keerai(greens) green chillies, brinjal...not the amount that i dont buy veggies from shops :notthatway:very small quantities and can cook only once in a while...but it gives immense pleasure and excitement to see the plants blossoms and the yields from my own tiny garden. i hav roses and oleanders, tulsi for puja purposes.

am a movie buff.. when i dont watch while cooking i listen...i cant cook in a calm environment:bonk....i dont consider movies that released after 2000 as movies at all...60s,70s,80s,90s will do anytime..balachander and barathiraja movies anytime.. as well am an ardent fan of sivaji ganesan:exactly:... i miss him and his voice if i havnt seen his movies in a long while. me and my hubby end our day watching an english movie before going to bed.:2thumbsup:i like drama, classic, science fiction, fantasy genres and war movies

1 person likes this.
  5. Geetanjalikumar

Geetanjalikumar Gold IL'ite

Priya,

Nice thread.

I love dance, especially classical, Bharatanatyam. I learnt it during schooling and I am actually thinking to continue it from next year.
    I love to travel. Myself and DH go on vacations as much as we can.
    I love outdoor games. Well, I need to start on this one again.
    I love to sleep.

6. menong

menong Silver IL'ite

hi,

i am working too and in my early thirties. I am passionate about dancing and i still continue with my Bharatanatyam lessons.Its been 14 yrs now (learnt from whn i was 4-12 then from whn i was 25+). i also love reading. cannot pass a bookshop without a dekko.

7. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

There you go!
    Looking forward to see your blogs. :)
    You already have 1 ardent reader that's me.
    Good Luck!

8. maya69

maya69 Gold IL'ite

My husband always says that I should have a hobby as he has many. Problem is he always seems to be better at everything more than me and then I loose interest. Am not sure why I feel this way. But I have I found I like singing-hindi karaoke very much and try to find a few songs every month on line that suits my voice. And after some practice I sing it with my DH if its a duet (he picks up songs fast).

Hope to find more things as the years go by.

1 person likes this.
  9. foxybeat

foxybeat Platinum IL'ite

This is a very great idea. IT will definitely be something that you can give to your child when he grows up so he can remember those family moments and his childhood.

Good Luck :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  10. bunnipriya

bunnipriya Gold IL'ite

well.. coming to me.. I am really confused about my hobbiesWitsend.. I am passionate about almost all sort of hobbies..
    so I can say I am a generalist.. coming to my hobbies...

1. I am a good cook (even cooking for the first time, I get great results:thumbsup)
    2. I write poems (not so often but whenever I get a thought:idea I pen it down)
    3. I can do fabric painting.
    4. I learned tailoring 1 year back but not so perfect:bang.
    5. I am not so good at embroidery but I have knowledge in it(min10 stitches).
    6. I am so good at creative craft like best from waste.
    7. recently started jewellery making also with IL's inspiration:).
    8. I was a good reader in my college days but now I am getting bored of reading a book:spin:spin.
    9. I do lot of browsing and chattingComputer Typing because laptop is my only way to connect with the world here in US(I am on H4 now :( )
    10. I learned a tool in s/w (as I did my Btech) to get into IT but realised that I was not a kind of person:thumbsdown.
    11. and now I got a DSLR camera so I am busy clicking now..

but now comes my problem.. I now want to have a carreer so that I too can earn with my talent.. but i am really in a confused state to choose one.
    My DH is always there to support me in building my carrer but I am not finding a way to choose a specific one. I have 3yr old DS and cannot leave him.
    My DH suggested to me take online photography course.. so that I can improve my talent/hobby and can build a carrer. I am thinking of that and not sure wat is going to happen.

Can any of you suggest something to me.. awaiting your responses dear friends..