1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hobbies you are passionate about !

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Priya77, Jul 11, 2012.

1. mommybird

mommybird Gold IL'ite

Naane vettiya yosikaren according to many relatives. Idhuley you vera scratching minda? Guess what...the day it started paying most of them got shut. My husband has always appreciated and helped me in many ways for this. It could very irritating to deal with a wife whose idea of vacation is going to nagaland without planning to stay in a five star resort and someone who wants to sample local food however weird it might be. I have made him walk for many many miles in small villages in Karaikudi in search of the authentic chettiyar pathiram, to taste the perfect aachi kuzhi paniyaram and he has never cribbed.

Translation: Already am being blamed as useless hobby by many relatives. did I also make your mind spin?

6 people like this.
  2. sumathegreat

sumathegreat Silver IL'ite

Hey priya.. nice thread.. I am a post graduate in Chemistry but leading a house wife life.. I dont want to sit idle.. so started browsing net in the early days of my marriage not knowing what to do.. then came to know about paper quilling.. which is quite easy & fun to do.. later i started crocheting.. Since my childhood I am passionate about music.. but didnt get chance to learn.. Now i am learning veena so that my 1 1/2 year kid will have interest in music.. I go to veena classes on week ends... I started learning basics of computer online.. Now i am a busy crafty house wife..

3. rkarunak

rkarunak Silver IL'ite

Dear Priya, here are some things that I do during the day.

I love browsing sites for good deals.. though i don't buy, i help friends know the deal so they cud get good items for a lower price. items like watches, jewellery sets, kitchen tools, clothes, handbags etc.

I maintain a blog posting my cooking trysts.

I love food. I constantly keep checking out other cooking blogs.

I'm draw designs on paper, color them, decorate my walls. My hall is completely designed by me with my drawings and photos :). I used up calendar photos to design one side of my wall.

I go to gym. I'm fighting the bulge for so long now.

I started collecting swagbucks these days.

Indusladies keeps me hooked all the time.

I read.

I have pretty much summed it all. But I'm enjoying all these recently, after quitting work and donning the homemaker hat! Dunno if its possible to do all these if i start back to work.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  4. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

Hobbies... Varies from time to time, based on work stress, local weather condition & my mood.

Books, Music, Movies, travelling, cooking, Aliens/UFOs,TV serials (thriller/mystery), Talk shows, temple activities/local cultural functions/voluntary work. Most important, window shopping :)

2 people like this.
  5. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

hi op!
    nice thread!
    sometimes we all dont realise what our hobbies are , so dont worry!
    say i like reading and writing but i dont review books:rotfl
    on a serious note , i like music and im very passionate about it , specially old hindi film music, i collect lot of old cds and records and when i listen to a particular song its not just song but i like to know who wrote it , who composed the music and who sang it.
    besides that since i have been travelling all my life with my family since childhood , i am very fond of travelling, i like to see new places and not only the place i like to know culture and language of the place.like when i was student and was posted in himachal for few days in internship , i saw a lot of interior himachal.
    so i can say my hobbies are reading , writing , music and travelling !

6. JASIKA

JASIKA Bronze IL'ite

With working full time, taking care of toddler and managing house...i dont get much time to relax but i love cooking and all the time i try different recipes (all cuisines) and create my own too...Cooking is like therapy to me apart from listening to music. Other than that; I love drawing, embroidery, creating mehndi designs, doing make-up, dancing etc but life is so hectic now that i hardly get time to do them :)

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I love drawing, cooking, trying out new recipies, music especially the old hindi and tamil songs, watching TV. during teenage days I used to make purses, embroidery, crochet , tatting, sweaters etc, now no patience to do them. I also like reading books , earlier used to read a lot but now read the threads in IL.

After joining IL my hobby is writing in IL especially in snippets, like to post everyday , writing blogs, also watch TV simultaneously.

8. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

Hey...i work full time and have 11 month old kid and i have cooking website. I am very passionate about food and cooking. I do update my site regularly . Its good to have hobby. I somehow make out time to do it. I was avid lan games player in my college. Before that i did enough sketching. Now i cant sit and play lan games ...will do that sometime though :)

9. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

Hi, nice thread,I am always passionate about paintings and crafts,I love cooking and crocheting.i just can't sit without doing anything,I am homemaker I get tired but still I do something like crocheting or sketching if I am watching tv.i like reading books and I just love to play games on iPad or cellphones.
    Thanks

10. SimpleGirl

SimpleGirl Gold IL'ite

I love reading.. mostly suspense stories... so that keeps me busy most of the time... Apart from that I love visiting various food blogs...and trying some recipes once in a while