1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

His Non Verbal I LOVE YOUs

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, Dec 2, 2010.

1. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Believe me, there are men who have reserved those 3 words 'in that order' as something to be uttered while one proposes to the other. :biglaugh

To some men, it is like saying Good Morning/Good Night. :)

To some saying it aloud is a cliche altogether!:hide:

But universally or atleast for most men across the above 3 categories and beyond,
    (and for most women who married them),

they may not have realized that they do say/hear "I Love You" many times in a day..

Yes.They do say it but not in English or in their mother tongue..
    those magic words are well.. magically non verbal.

Feel free to translate those non verbal "I Love You"s from your DHs and cherish the moment.

A hug with no words can be a "I Love You" in the "Adhi bashai" (tribal language)
    The care with which you pack his lunch can be a nonverbal "I Love You" :thumbsup
    or.. The concern he has when you are late from work can be one..
    The way he cares for you when you are sick.. so on and so forth..

These silent acts are sometimes louder than the verbal ones..
    You just need to tune your ears to that frequency..
    Do not miss out on them.. they are too precious..
    Feel free to log the "I Love You"s you sent/received Today. :cheers

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010

2. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Op, THis is such a lovely thread.. I am so happy and expecting to read the non verbal language of all.

As u say, its true, more than the verbal sentence, the non-verbal has much more value and feeling in it as it is directly from the heart.

When we drive around, if my Dh accidentally bumps a speed breaker or uses sudden break, then his hands involuntarily touch me to ensure if I am safe. It is a very touching moment :kiss.

3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Again such a lovely thread, True!
    Many a times there have been those non-verbal moments!
    I just treasure them!

4. pingpong

pingpong Senior IL'ite

There have been many such moments in my life!! He knows that I love him kissing on my forehead and he would do it atleast few times a day to ensure that I get his love :rotfl. During weekends, I just lie down on his lap in our living room while he watches TV. He would not wake me up for hours together even if his leg gets numb. When I get up after couple of hours, he would kiss me and say "I Love You". The care and concern he showers on me when I am sick is the ultimate non-verbal action of "I Love You". During a recent evening chat, I told him that I need a rough stone to rub the dry turmeric and apply it on my face (the one we get it in India). He started searching for it all the way from home to office and ended up getting me three different types of stone. That made me drown in his non-verbal action of love :drowning.

5. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Hello Ms True,
    It's been a while for me to have come across one of you threads and a VERY GOOD one I might add. The non verbal expression of "I love you" comes in many forms. I would like to add to your list...how about a smiley look when you do something nice for the other person, a soft pat on the back to show appreciation, a post it note with with the words "you are awesome!", doing some chores that you hate. Men do express the "I love yous" in their own non verbal expressive way, we just need to look for them.

Hugs my dear!!
    Oopall.

6. ilovelife

ilovelife Bronze IL'ite

wow thats an interesting thread... i always think why my hubby never says I love you by himself and replies only if i say..but reading your thread i realized soo many acts of him saying i love you to me..

whenever i am tired and and lie on my hubbys shoulder he automatically hold me tight and that makes me feel very nice.

he pats me to sleep when i am tired and ask me if i am feeling comfortable. those are really nice moments.

7. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi "Mstrue"

We, male members, understand what you mean. Yes, we won't take it personally....nor will we embarass you, by posting any explicit stuff here.

Sure, we, male members wont post here. :)

But, we will not spare your thread. Because, your threads are too good to be spared.:thumbsup

You probably do not have an idea, how much valuable and energising, your threads are considered by members in this forum. Nine out of every ten threads in this forum are in a negative context usually. But your threads have been in a highly positive context..........resembling an oasis in a dry desert.

So, how can we spare them ? Sorry, We will not. We will read your thread, at least.....probably again and again..!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  8. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

although my DH is very non verbal, there are ways in which he says that he cares ....
    he takes care of kids and asks me to have a break now and then,he massages my legs when i am dead tired, and orders in chinese because i love it, although he dosent like chinese food very much!

9. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

That is the hidden agenda of this thread, ILoveLife! :thumbsup

If this thread would help atleast one soul out there
    to identify their loved one's unspoken love with similar cute and subtle non verbal cues, I would be more than happy. THANKS!! :cheers

ILoveLife (nice id :)), Such cues often go unnoticed if we are keen to hear the love in a different way.. So I always suggest friends to look for the cues and who knows.. it might be right under the nose.

@Folks,
    Thanks for the lovely responses. I feel so good reading them all and reminiscing on mine. Such cute gestures.. Keep them coming.. :thumbsup
    Shall respond personally to you all in few days.

10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

This morning it was very cold, he dropped me off at work. He had to drive over an hour each way so that I dont get cold in train. He can be such a sweetheart at times.