Himachal Pradesh Ladies - Meet here!

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by Mahajanpragati, Sep 1, 2007.

1. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Hi To all himachal ladies
    I am staying in mumbai and am planning to visit kulu and manali when it is snowing there. It is one of my wishes to see snow. laso is end of decmber a good time to visit these places.I am asking this coz heavy snowfall is also a dampener since all the places and road routes would be closed.
    What is the most appropriate time to visit kulu and manali.
    also i want to see shimla but i have heard that shimla has become very commercial and dirty .Is this true?

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear ulsp
    most welcome to Indusladies & himachal forum.

3. Mahajanpragati

hi april,
    its very difficult to predict wether it will snow this winter or not.still u can go with fingers crossed & prayer on ur lips.the snow does block the roads etc but only for few hours.its a national highway & hence cleared on 1st priority.
    btw,u can see snow on rothang pass & even go half the way to the pass & enjoy.on way to pass u can get fur coat,snow shoes etc for hire.

shimla is over crowded & dirty,true.but as u r visiting from mumbai why miss it.u may end up liking the festive sort of mood of mall,the old era nostalgic airs of church & scandal point...........to see nature u can always travel to kufri & naldera which can be covered in a day........a beautiful place called Chail which can also be visited which too is near from shimla.
    pragati

4. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your reply. And what you said is true.Shimla cannot be dirtier than mumbai.
    Anyway what I wanted to know is Is it better to visit kulu and manali in summer or winter as my main purpose is to see the snow.
    Bye

5. Mahajanpragati

hi,
    well,i find summer mths best for visiting the hills.days are long,weather is not that cold & u escape the heat of plains plus the feel of 'going to the hills' in summers.
    at rothang u get to see snow even in summers i.e may ,june & the pass is almost always open during summers.in winters sometimes its closed after certain kilometers.
    pragati

6. anubala123

anubala123 New IL'ite

Hi ,

anyone from dharamshala on this forum ?

7. Mahajanpragati

hi anubala,
    my family is originally from palampur & i have spent lots of time there.
    i have studied for 3 years at D'shala & have very fond memories of the place.
    which part of D'shala u belong.i used to stay at Civil lines .
    pragati

8. anubala123

anubala123 New IL'ite

hi pragati,

i was studying in dharamshala ( sacred heart ) whn i was in my 9th n 10th grade.
    i belong to anothr place in himachal but hve real fond memories of dsala n palmpur.. we used to frequent nuegal cafe in plmpur , the churches were so pretty..
    whr r u based now? im married and moved to kuwait recently. before that i was living in dubai.

cheers.!!

9. Mahajanpragati

hi anu,
    some of my cousins used to study in sacred heart.i went to D'shala for higher studies.
    even ,i have visted nugal cafe & used to like it.that area of palampur is really pretty.
    now a days i am at uganda with my dh & Kids.still i visit HP every year as my parents are at solan & many relatives at palampur.
    which part of HP u belong.
    pragati

10. anubala123

anubala123 New IL'ite

hey pragati hw r u ?
    how is uganda? is it a nice place for tourism..

tc