Higher studies in U.S

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by sujaragu, Aug 7, 2014.

1. sujaragu

sujaragu New IL'ite

Hi,
    i want to do a career change .i am 35 year old . Does anyone knows any good educational consultants for studying abroad.i mean in U.S?.

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Can't help you with educational consultants, but you really don't need any. If you have even a basic idea of what you would like to pursue, you can find all the information and help you need via the Internet. I would suggest taking a top down approach. Decide on a future career and identify the skills you will need for that job. Research those skills, and find the degree programs that will cover most of what you will need to know. Once you've narrowed down the programs, select a few universities and apply. Choice of university should depend on your budget, financial aid requirements, internship and placement opportunities, and of course, research opportunities if applicable. You will most likely need to take a couple of standardized tests (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, TOEFL) as part of the admissions requirements. You are looking at nearly a year of planning to be able to begin school around this time next year. If you have some of these already worked out, then you could start as early as spring next year. Hope that gave you some idea of how to proceed.

1 person likes this.