Hi y'all, May mommies!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Lavanya, Feb 22, 2008.

1. vidisha

vidisha Senior IL'ite

Hello Lavanya...
    Our due dates r not far from each other :)
    How r u feeling now ? My baby is kicking all the time....
    How many Ultrasounds u had till now? in my case 2 ultrasounds so far...
    first one-6 weeks
    second one-5 th month
    What r u having (food) these days? anything spl?

Take care,
    Vidisha

2. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vidisha,
    I had 2 vaginal ultrasounds at 8 and 11 weeks. Then 1 transabdominal ultrasound around 20th week to confirm the gender and growth of the baby. These were the ones done by my ob. Baby kicking - yes I do feel it all the time too - he is very active at nights. Worst part is when he gets hiccups when I'm asleep!! Then I have to move around a bit and shift positions until he gets comfortable. Anyway its all part of the package. With regard to food nothing specific - its whatever I can cook is what I manage to eat. That said I do try and avoid excessively salty, oily, fatty foods and those with too much of additives and preservatives. Also I'm substituting simple sugars with complex carbs whenever possible. Then of course I'm trying to drink lots of water. What about you? Do you have some cravings or are you eating something different from before you were pregnant? Have you started your purchases yet?
    -L.

3. Pooja29

Pooja29 New IL'ite

Hi All mom-to-be,

Hope you are having a good time with lil one..

Vidisha we have not asked for baby gender better wait for another few days..
    But yes we are looking for baby names ..

We have started shopping for baby..Everyone saying we have bought enough clothes,
    so we will need to stop shopping atleast for baby's clothes...

Rest other things we are still buying like baby powder, shampoo, lotion etc..
    and will try to finish off shopping by 36th week

Went for my week 34th routine check up and will be completing my 35th week in another
    couple of days..

Yesterday we had set up our baby's cupboard.. all baby clothes and baby stuff..
    felt so happy after setting it up..

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Your experience reminds me of something-the ultrasound pictures of my second baby.In all the pictures,he was facing us and we could clearly see his big cheeksBig LaughI was even telling my hubby about it all the time-see,he's got big cheeks like me!

Now,the baby is 6 weeks old and he's got the same cheeks..I just can't believe that a normal ultrasound(not a 3D/4D) picture can be so realistic!:crazy

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  5. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

There are extensive lists in the following web links - we can choose want we consider is essential from these and also try out smaller numbers before we start purchasing large quantities:
    Baby Registry Checklist - Babies "R" Us

Walmart.com - Always Low Prices!

http://newparent.com/pdfs/checklist_momsbag.pdf

http://newparent.com/pdfs/checklist_getready.pdf

Target : Essentials by Age

Hope this will help some of you to get a basic idea about the list. Cleaning up the house and setting up baby stuff is a common behavior called as "nesting" which gives satisfaction to the moms. We are still waiting on the furniture to be delivered to us and then we'll go on our shopping spree.

Pooja, with regard to work... my previous job ended about a month back and I didn't want to start a new job at this time because I will not be able to give my best as the days get closer, so right now I'm happy to be at home and catch up on all the things that I've wanted to do in the last seven years. Chillout!:2thumbsup:

Nice to see your reply sunitha, my li'l one seems to have chubby cheeks too - though neither one of us had it - guess we'll have to wait n' see if he loses it.

-L.

6. kamath9

kamath9 New IL'ite

Hi Lavanya, Pooja, Vidhi sha and all moms-to- be out there,

I am also a may mommy, expecting my second baby on 31st of may.

I have started with my 33rd week today and am pretty excited about it. I had 2 ultrasounds, till now, first one at 8 weeks and second one at 18 weeks, My next checkup is around 14 th of this month.

Gayatri

7. Pooja29

Pooja29 New IL'ite

Hi All,

Hope all mums-to-be n lil ones are doing great..

I have not logged into the forum for last so many days.. Just busy in office with lot of work..Try to finish up things at office before I will go for Maternity leave..

Gayatri- Nice to hear from you..Congrats for your second lil one..God bless you..

I am in my 35th week.. Coming saturday I have my routine check up appointment with doctor..Will update you all after it..

Nowadays I have started feeling bit lazy.. specially when sitting in office.. Also, I am feeling pelvic pain these days ..during night..when I have to change the side while sleeping..But doc said it's normal .. pain is becuase of uterus expansion..

Take care..
    Pooja
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  8. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Gayatri,
    Glad that you can join us on this thread. Hope you and your baby are doing great. Though I'm due on the 30th of May, I think I might be a couple of days early... but will have to wait and see. I hear that with multiple pregnancies especially if they are close enough the later ones come sooner than the due date - so may be you'll be done before me! :biggrin2: But I do have to tell you that I CANNOT think of having a 2nd one at least right now with all the aches and pains and stress I've had. But may be I may change my mind like many moms tell after they see the face of their li'l one and forget all the misery! So are you kindda already stocked for the 2nd one especially 'coz there'll be stuff rolled over from the 1st?

Hey Pooja,
    Good to hear that everything is going as per schedule for you. Don't strain too much at work. Hope you can take at least a few days off before the labor itself - just so you can rest and relax. Let us know how things go at your doc visit. With regard to pelvic pain they suggest some pelvic tilt exercises here and also encourage the use of labor/birthing/exercise ball on which you sit and support your pelvic bones and muscles. Anyway it will all be over soon before you realize... hang in there.

Wonder how Vidisha is doing nowadays... haven't heard from her in a while now...

-L.

9. Pooja29

Pooja29 New IL'ite

Hi Lavanya..

Nice to her from you..how is lil one doing ?

Another few days left ...so exciting !!

Ya..Don't worry..not stressing myself with much of work.. Try to take breaks in between..My hubby wants me to take break from 19-20th April..so that I can relax at home.. Lets see how things work here in office..

Then in same week my mom-in-law will also come.. Moreover tomorrow I will be completing my 36 weeks..and baby can come anytime after 37 weeks..

Sure ..will update you all after this week appointment..Regarding pelvic pain..I am doing pelvic exercise.. squatting n deep breathing..

May be vidisha is busy or tired to login these days.. Hope everything going good at her end..

Take care..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  10. kamath9

kamath9 New IL'ite

Hi Pooja and Lavanya,

Gr8 to receive a quik reply. Great going gals,

All of us r sailing in the same boat. I pray to Lord for the safe deliveries.

Gayatri