1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hershey's kisses!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Today I was having a conversation with my kids about them taking the Valentine treats to their class. After they decide what they want to take, the topic somehow turns to Hershey's kisses. I tell them that it indeed is a cute candy and wonder out loud as to how they came up with that name and is so appropriate for the season! My DS has an explanation that when they were actually making the candy one time, it fell on the floor and made the 'kiss' sound. The look on my face suggested that I did not understand, however I went on to think out loud and said how can anything that falls on the floor make a kiss sound, it can be hiss, slush etc.

My DS goes on to say it is not the 'kiss' sound but the sound that comes out when you kiss :) Opportunity presents and I ask him as to how does it really sound when you kiss anyways. I know, go on try it and you will see how perfect that name if for that candy that fell on the floor. However, embarrassment creeps into my DS' voice and he goes, who knows, may be plop, bloop, whatever! Can you believe this from a DS who challenges me to explain what 'common sense' is all about. Because from what he understand it is about the senses that common people have or that are commonly found in people and how in the world could mean anything else :bonk Anyways, DD who is all ears and is always playing a kissie game with him annoying him constantly goes, "anna, if you don't know I can show you" and there begins another chase around the house!!

2. pinkpearls

pinkpearls Senior IL'ite

wow....very cute....I guess yo have a long way to go.....enjoy

3. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha,too naughty these kids are....so always u have a gala time in ur home....:)

4. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

So cute your kids are and a very nice post :)