1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

herniated disc problem

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by umanandhini, May 8, 2009.

1. umanandhini

umanandhini New IL'ite

Dear friends,
    I am 33 yrs old.I have herniated disc problem at l5-s1 since december2007. Eventhough I took treatment and do exercise ,I have pain in buttock area now.(But pain reduced a lot when compared to last year). Doctor told me not to sit down,lie down ,bent down,,not to lift heavy object. next year I'm going back to India due to my son's education. I'm worried in India in some function we have sit on floor .I cant do anything without any help from others.
    If any of our members/friends have this type of problem,please suggest me to do ? I 'm worried that I can't mingle with all in functions ,poojas etc..

Please help me.........
    Thanks a lot
    Nandhini

2. mansi19

mansi19 New IL'ite

hi dear,

disc herniation is a common problem..because of our weak back muscles our disc protrudes out of the spinal column.what ever your dr. has advised i am agree with that.u need to take precaution with certain activities speciall with bending forward.pain in buttok is a sign of radiating pain which shows your nerve is under pressure..did u ever try traction which is a prt of physiotherapy..i hope that that would help u..their are other ways in which you can do your work like pooja as u can use chair instead of sitting down,you can bend with your knees instead of bending your back and pik up the things, and dont use sagging bed ,contii doing exercises for your back and abdominal strengthening.

you can even get these physio facilities in india..gud luk

3. umanandhini

umanandhini New IL'ite

Thanks a lot mansi for your valuable post. Dr suggested me not to do traction because it worse my condition. I'm doing my exercise.
    Thanks,
    Nandhini

4. sushmi

sushmi New IL'ite

hi nandhini
    i had the same prob after my first pregnancy..and it was the horrible time for me..i m in US and consult the doctor..and same i was asked to do some excercise..but with a small kid daily excercise was not possible..
    then i went to india with my two month old baby..and then due to pooja n katha i had to sit on the floors ,touch the feets of elders regularly..and the prob become worst..
    but there is a homeopathy medicine for this ..i must suggest u that medicine coz it was really a miracle for me and it will be for u too if u take it regularly..but after sumtimes i became very irregular in taking medicine..when the prob was almost gone..but one should complete the course..even now sumtimes i feel like pains in buttoks area when i dance fast or other activities like this and again i started taking that medicine for few days and then stop..

all the best

sushmi

5. lakshmiraj

lakshmiraj New IL'ite

Hai
    disc herniation is common now a days especially for women's . Dont bend frequently which improve intra discal pressure in turn improves the pain. do spinal flexion and extension exercise regularly as adviced by physio. if u were in early stage of problem adequate bed rest and traction aadvisable. better try for spinal nmanipulation if u'r condiotion get worse. which is available in chennai and australia.take care dont lift weights and do bending activities through your knees.