1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Herbal Frothy Shampoo For Silky Soft Hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by virtualkv2020, Feb 9, 2020.

1. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Bring a cup of water to a boil and add 4 deseeded reeta balls,simmer for a while till it reduces to half.Switch off the flame and add a fistful of hibiscus leaves.Cover with the lid.Let cool.Remove and grind into a smooth liquid. Strain if needed.Use as shampoo.Refrigerate any left overs to
    use within a week. Enjoy your beautiful hair!

Note - One can use fresh or dried hibiscus leaves and/or flowers depending on their availability. Here is the pic using fresh hibiscus leaves.
    DA335CA0-1B96-4DB9-A9D2-B2632B027945.jpeg

Anusha2917, 1Sandhya and MalStrom like this.

2. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Nice. I usually do the soaking and crush them with hand but have never ground the soaked nuts. Wont it froth like crazy and overflow the grinder?
    I saw your reply to another person, about mild shampoos. I used to use Nautres gate and loved it. but now looks like they have gone kaput. do you know of any other similar good mild ones available here? I am really looking for a good recommendation.

3. virtualkv2020

You can do one of the following
    1.Soak soap nuts overnight,squeeze with hand to extract the juice.Mix the juice with hibiscus leaf/flower paste and use.
    2.Soak the soap nuts overnight in hot water.Crush them with hand in the morning and bring it to a roaring boil before adding a handful of hibiscus leaves.Hot water softens the hibiscus making it easy to grind.
    3.To a cup of boiling water add a few soap nuts, simmer for a while,remove and add a fistful of hibiscus leaves.Once cooled,grind into a smooth paste.

Last night I was too tired to soak my herbal shampoo powder, so I tried the above 3rd method.It works.I dint have any issues as I used a medium sized mixie jar and ground it after letting it cool completely. I was able to use the entire liquid for myself and kids.I also did a pre-shampoo treatment this morning with fresh Aloe Vera juice which also aided to the softness.

Nature's gate shampoo is expensive on Amazon.You can check Home - Nature's Gate to find it in a specialty store near you or place an order online or by phone.A friend of mine uses Khadi products and is happy with the results.Khadi, Khadi Natural,Khadi Mauri are all manufactured by rural industries.You can check these online.I highly recommend these.There are other mild shampoos that you could try such as Dr Bronner's baby unscented Castile liquid soap,Bumble and Bumble,Biotique Advanced Ayurveda and Himalaya.Biotique is available on Amazon and Ayurvedic Shampoos - Best Hair Growth Shampoo for Dry Hair - Biotique

I have been using this moisturizing aloe vera shampoo for my kids
    Extract aloe vera gel from a leaf,grind the gel into a smooth paste and mix with equal amount of mild shampoo (I used nature's gate) in a bowl.Pour this into an empty glass bottle soap dispenser and use.Refrigerate any left over for upto a month.If you have the habit of storing aloe vera gel in ice cube trays in the freezer, grab a cube, let it melt and mix with equal amount of mild shampoo and use on the same day.If you want to store the shampoo at room temperature then use Natur sense aloe vera gel. Amazon.com : NaturSense Organic Aloe Vera Gel Great for Face, Hair, Sunburn Relief, Acne, Razor Bumps, Psoriasis, Eczema, Dry Skin Hydration - 12 oz. : Beauty

This shampoo is great for oily hair
    Mint infused cleanser
    Boil 2 handfuls of fresh mint leaves on a slow-medium flame in 1 and 1/2 glasses of water for 20 minutes until it reduces to half.Let cool,strain the solution and mix with 300 ml of mild shampoo,store in a bottle and use as needed.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  4. virtualkv2020

Home made hair wash by Sridevi Jasti