1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Henry Mancini And The Pink Panther

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Cheeniya, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Let me start telling you about the celebrated music maker Henry Mancini with a quote of his:
    "I maintain ... that the real creative power is in the mind and heart of the composer.”
    This great composer was born Enrico Nicola Mancini on April 16, 1924, in Cleveland, Ohio. Died June 14, 1994, in Los Angeles, California. A highly skilled and decorated composer, Henry Mancini wrote the theme for the television show "Peter Gunn," and it became the first track on his 1959 album The Music From Peter Gunn, which combined jazz orchestration with rock and roll rhythms. Mancini scored several classic films, including 1961 Breakfast At Tiffany's (featuring "Moon River"), 1962 Days Of Wine And Roses (featuring the title song) and 1963 The Pink Panther (featuring the title theme), not to forget his Baby Elephant walk from the movie Hatari.
    Mancini was awarded a posthumous Recording Academy Lifetime Achievement Award in 1995. He has several recordings inducted into the GRAMMY Hall Of Fame, including "Moon River" and The Pink Panther.
    Let us now listen to a selection of songs:

Two folks made Pink Panther famous and they are Henry Mancini and Inspector Jacques Clouseau played by Peter Sellers.

The Baby Elephant Walk from the delightful movie Hatari

The evergreen Moon River from the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's featuring the gorgeous Audrey Hepburn

From Lujon. This is indeed mind-blowing music.

From the movie Sunflower. Who can forget Sophia Loren? "A masterpiece of Henry Mancini. I love this haunting song. It also reminds me of our first dance of my hubby because this was the.music being played." -A fan

Get to the Food of Love!

Rihana, Amica, Rajijb and 1 other person like this.

2. Cheeniya

Some more of Henry Mancini

Rihana and Amica like this.
  3. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Except Hatari, I have not seen any of the movies you have mentioned here. But one best thing about Henry's music is that it creates a perfect mood and ambiance, which we can feel even without the visuals. Nice work done by you, showcasing some of the best artists, whom we have not been aware of till now.,

Agatha83

Cheeniya likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

Dear Agatha
    Keep encouraging me like this and I will take you through all I have seen, heard and enjoyed. :blush:
    Sri

Amica likes this.