1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Henna Queries & Solutions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by sravanthi, Dec 13, 2006.

1. asmafatima2005

asmafatima2005 New IL'ite

Re: Applying Henna by yourself !!!

Dear Suni,
    "how to henna" is not working...as i am also planning to apply henna to my hair for the first time & looking for the tips.
    do please send me the link again to my email if possible.
    thanks.

2. gauri32

gauri32 New IL'ite

Does Henna control Hair fall?

Hi,

Is henna controlling hair fall? i am having 2 much hair falling. how can i control hair fall, anyone help me.

Thanks
    roja

3. Asha25

Asha25 Senior IL'ite

re: Does Henna control Hair fall?

Henna mainly takes away dandruff and makes the scalp nice also it helps the hairs to be stronger so not any breakage will happen

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Question on Henna Mix??

Hello Ladies

recently I bought Hesh products, brahmi powder, Aritha powder and Shikakai powder.

I wanted to make a paste of these three along with Henna. Does this help for preventing hair falling, greying and increasing the volume of the hair???

should i mix anything else in this henna mix?? please suggest thanks:cheers

5. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Iron pot for mixing Henna? how to do in USA?

Hi dear ladies,

I live in US. I want to know from anyone of you who is using Henna for hair coloring, how do you mix it. what kind of Iron pot do you use, people say if henna is mixed in iron pot along with tea or cofee decotion or beetroot water it will give good color when used next day along with mixed eggs, methi etc.

how do you make it , what kind of iron vessel you use?
    sujatha.

6. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Re: Iron pot for mixing Henna? how to do in USA?

Hi Sujata,

I used to get mehendi powder from india but ran out. So I started exploring mehendi kits availible in the US. I have been using the "Light Mountain Natural" Amazon.com: Light Mountain Natural Hair Color & Conditioner, Auburn, 4 oz (113 g) (Pack of 3): Health & Personal Care brand. This covers the grey. The mehendi from India used to give a brownish tint, this covers the grey. You can select from a variety of shades (I use dark brown). They insist that you should not use any metallic container and use distilled water (1 gallon for $1 at walmart). One packet lasts for 2 applications (I have short hair).

For the powder from India,
    I would brew 1 tsp tea leaves in water and mix it in with mehendi, if I have amla, I would add that also. Keep it for 24 hours. Apply in hair, cover with plastic and shower cap overnight and wash off next morning only with water. The following morining you can wash with shampoo. I am allergic to chemical hair color so I use only mehendi.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  7. Muktachabda

Muktachabda Senior IL'ite

Re: Question on Henna Mix??

Hello!! Vidya... I use henna and neel powder together.. It is good for greying of hair and hair fall.

Even lemon added in henna is good..

The mixture you have brought is also good.. just try to keep them for few days before applying..

8. Sunshine1989

Sunshine1989 New IL'ite

heeeey..

m only 20 yrs old n really have a serious problem. I have a huge hair fall n grey hair.. i use hair colour but the problem is.. i can't really tolerate it. i think i'm kinda alergic to it.

What sholud I do? Use henna with amla ? so i can get black hair? My hairs are totallt black.. please help !

9. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Hey Dear

Please see the links posted by Yashikushi (our dear Saroj).she has posted some good hair packs..for reducing hair fall and increasing hair growth....I wanted to try one of them for dandruff this weekend:cheers

10. javatester

javatester New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I am a new member..and this is my first post...
    If u mix the henna like this u can find the difference....

henna powder+curd(dandruff control)+Egg( acts as conditioner)+Shikaya(acts as shampoo)+lemon(dandruff control)+olive oil+amla powder(to get black hair+hair fall).

should apply for every 15days....