1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Henna and indica fading off quickly after hair wash.Tips needed

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by remaviswanathr, Sep 20, 2015.

1. remaviswanathr

remaviswanathr New IL'ite

@SANDHYA i bought henna and indigo frm a ayurvedic shop here in coimbatore((bulk henna powder)))so its nt a special brand.and abt mixing I'm using henna and Indica Powder with Tea decoction (((first day henna then 2nd day Indica))) ...Secondly yes hair strands lose color After applying oil or hair wash....

2. akanshasharma

akanshasharma New IL'ite

Hi All,

I have a Good news for you all.
    From long time I have confused for hair coloring because i am not happy with my hair color, which was I already mentioned before in this Post. Recently I have used Nisha Color Perfect hair color brand on my hairs, it is suggested by my friend. And I am quite happy with it. It properly cover my grey hairs and make it silky. After applying hair color i didn't find any roughness and harsh felling with my hairs.
    I feel its good hair color brand.

3. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

OP,
    Please give the following info so we can help you.
    1. Are you using a store bought shampoo to wash your hair or herbal product like reetha or shikakai?
    2. 'when you apply oil strand loses color' means what? Does it become white or gray again (original color) or does the black portion become orange?
    3. are you adding some amla powder to your henna mix?

4. remaviswanathr

@sandhya....1)no iam not using any shampoo..only washing hair with water

2))yes black portion become orange

3))no iam not adding any amla power

5. remaviswanathr

@sandhya may i know which brand u using???????????

6. akanshasharma

akanshasharma New IL'ite

I want to share my experience with you. I also not happy with my Hair Color, I ask many people for right hair color. For searching best hair color brand i took help with Internet also but could not find satisfactory product. I posted on different Beauty Experts blog's for knowing their suggestion. One of my friend suggest me a hair color which name is Nisha Color Perfect it is Crème Based Hair Color which is good for hairs as compared to powder hair color.
    I apply it on my hairs and find really quite good as compared to my old hair color. I write comment here and share my experience here because its necessary that people know Creme based hair color always good for hairs.

Thanks

7. previ

previ Senior IL'ite

I don't use indigo yet so I can't comment on that. However I have been using henna regularly every 4 weeks and the color definitely doesn't come off. Since I have hair that is naturally dry and curly, I mix henna with coconut milk, amla and coffee powder and keep it for almost 10-12 hrs. Next day I add generous splashes of castor oil to the mix and apply this on washed damp hair and leave it for 2 hours. I wash it with plain water and apply loads of silicone free conditioner (co-wash). My hair is in a pretty good shape after this and well moisturized. I apply shampoo only after 3-4 days after prior oiling. I read somewhere that henna needs 48-72 hours to oxidize and show its true color. My henna color never fades. I use nupur henna and store bought coconut milk.

8. ash99

ash99 New IL'ite

Hi everyone, can someone please suggest which Indigo powder to use. I am doing 2 step Hendigo process for last 3 months and have developed terrible skin allergy/itching due to Indigo. The color results are good and the process hs to be repeated every fortnight. Does Indigo result in skin allergy in long run?? I will have to discontinue if this problem aggravates.