1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Hemorrhoids (piles)

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Tulasi, May 8, 2007.

1. hasita

hasita Bronze IL'ite

Re: Hemorrhoids

hi Tulasi,
    I was about to suggest bananas as already mentioned by sunikris, try the green or red bananas.

I too am having the condition occasionally since past 2-3 weeks. Bananas is helping I feel. Also try to have some vegetable juices like Beetroot and tomato, or Beetroot and carrot.
    Or have beetroot in salads.
    best,
    hasita

2. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Thank you all for all your tips. I am feeling much better now.

3. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

My husband has this problem on and off for the past 3 years. He never had constipation problem always very prompt in his bowl movements and now, the problem is severe that the doctor has suggested to surgically remove the piles, so that it will not come/grow again. It is becoming very difficult for him to sit as its very painful and constipation is not the only reason for this, stress also causes this. In his case, it is stress related. He also uses the suppositories, tucks wipes, sitz bath etc., but nothing helps....So he is going in for surgery next month. Now, has anyone ever gone thro' this surgery before and if so, please shed some ideas as to how it is, after surgery and info that he needs to know before surgery.

Thanx ladies as always,
    Geeth Priya.

4. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Hi Geeth Priya,

One of my aunt over here has this problem. I don't know whether she has done a surgery but regulary ( almost everyday) she takes/drinks Isogel. It makes the stool softer & helps to reduce the stress.

Actually, this Isogel is nothing but ' thavudu' ( hope you know tamil!) it's rich in fibre.

For more information about Isogel pls. click on to the link.

Isogel Sugar Free Granules 450gm -discoutinued- - buy online at Netpharmacy

Isogel

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

Drinking the juice beet and carrot together in the proportion of 1:1 helps in curing hemorrhoids..

My mil used to tell a simple thing just take some pure ghee, add some sugar, and just go and mixing well and have it.

Soaking figs overnight and having the fruit and water also helps....

6. janaki25

janaki25 Senior IL'ite

Hi Tulasi

Even I had this problem for many months after delivery and only 2 months back I recovered.I had this after delivery.After suffering a lot of pain I eventually went to a doc who asked me to take Citrucel.Believe me this can work wonders.

I also used to have prune juice and banana at night.I recovered real fast after I had all this so I am pretty confident this will help you too.

bye.

7. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

My Grandpa had this prob..He used to have karunaikizhangu lehiyam..I think its available in all arya vaidya salai in TN..
    Even prunes r gud to reduce constipation..

8. t_sireesha04

t_sireesha04 Junior IL'ite

Hi Tulasi,
    Even I am suffering from this problem from 2 months.
    The best way to prevent hemorrhoids is to keep stools soft so they pass easily, thus decreasing pressure and straining, and to empty bowels as soon as possible after the urge occurs.
    Walking, and increased fiber in the diet help reduce constipation and straining by producing stools that are softer and easier to pass.

One imp thing in the morning is..Drink 1 glass of warm water and do walking.
    Eat 2-3 Prunes(Plums,aalubukhara) on empty stomach
    While sleeping drink 1 glass of buttermilk with ajwan and epsom salt.

try this it works out.........