Help to speak in English

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Prithu, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Hi IL's,

I have doubtSSSS!!!!

1. Usage of DO / DOES :
    My mother do/does a lot of work.
    The postman do/does n't come .

2. What is the difference between
    Can - could
    Will - would
    may - might ?

3. Why it is called as SPOKEN ENGLISH and not SPEAKING ENGLISH or WILL SPEAK ENGLISH OR SPEAKABLE ENGLISH?

4. What is CLAUSE? please explain me eloborately.

5. To teach people spoken english what are all the things should I cover?please help me in giving some links or materials to take the class. And also suggest me the syllabus.
    6. According to grammar what are all the topics are very necessary in spoken english (I hope Grammar is base for all)?

All these doubts arosed since I am working as a part time spoken english faculty...Students raised these doubts...You are the only source to explore myself with doubts. Please clarify my SMALL :) doubts..
    I have list of doubts. Let me be first get clear with the above questions.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Nalini T

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. mythreyiraju

mythreyiraju Senior IL'ite

Dear friends,

I also wanted to join in your spoken english group. All of us are suggessting to watch english channels but i can't watch TV. In my house i didn't watch TV. I don't have interest in watching TV.So please guide me how to improve my spoken skills. I am ready to do hardwork to improve my language. Please give me daily work i will improve my english.

Thank You inadvance

My3:thumbsup
    Believe the best of everybody

3. anu2001

anu2001 New IL'ite

HI Preethu and Saraswathy,
    I am also wanted a friend to improve my english by speaking online. I am not much fluent and i am sure it can be better by speaking and speaking...
    Please reply me and help me....

4. smith21181

smith21181 Senior IL'ite

I read this interesting article thought to share with u ladies-

Learn to speak English in 10 days flat!

Friday, February 09, 2007

Kochi: Call it a magic formula. A Kerala resident claims he can teach people how to speak English fluently in exactly 10 days.

Jacob Nettikkadan, a 68-year-old philologist, claims to have innovated a technique of teaching English that has now found favour with the Kerala education department. He says with his magic formula a graduate can start speaking English on the fourth day itself.

Nettikkadan has been doing research on this technique for the past 45 years.

Nettikkadan chucked his job as an export manager in Kolkata 24 years ago and began a short-term course on how to speak English in 10 days.

'I ran this course in Kolkata for nine years. And for the past nearly 15 years I have been teaching people here. By now I have trained more than 5,000 people from various walks of life,' Nettikkadan told IANS.

He offers a 10-day residential course for an all-inclusive fee of Rs.5,000. Each batch has 30 students.

Every day his session runs into nine hours.

Even if a student wants to go home after four days, he insists that in the remaining six days of the course the student has to speak only English at home. That is why he insists that the course be a fulltime residential one.

In 10 days, the learner gets 10 times more knowledge in the language because the method of constructing 1,877 types of sentences in English is through 1,877 usages of verb - one type of sentence based on one usage of verb.

'This system will revolutionise future language learning and research to make it simple, interesting, fast and productive, irrespective of its nomenclature or country of origin,' said Nettikkadan.

His efforts have now been recognised by the Kerala education department, which is now preparing a five-year-plan to introduce this system in the training curriculum.

If a student is a graduate, then it is easy to pick up, if not, then it takes a bit more effort to speak English fluently,' he said.

Impressed by his technique, American Richard Canandy, who is an accomplished teacher of English, will assist Nettikkadan from the next batch.
    [/quote]

Hey Cheer , thanks for information . Does this information true ? Do you know anyone who joined this course & improved english . If you know detailed address please PM me . I am very much interested in this course .

Thanks in advance,
    smitha

5. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Prithu,saraswathy
    I can totally understand your predicament.i had the same problem years back.overcame that by reading english books[with dictionary],watching english movies etc.Now u have movies shown with subtitles so its all the more easier.Make time to watch atleast 1 movie a day.Iam sure u`ll improve like anything.

:2thumbsup: geevee

6. veenat

veenat New IL'ite

hi all ,
    i also like to join this group,is this thread is alive(open),is anybody here, if so please reply me

7. umasa

umasa New IL'ite

Can anyone give me more details about the person who can teach spoken in ten days please? It sounds really interesting!

8. jayamani

jayamani New IL'ite

hi,
    i am also in same boat. my fear is when i speak or write, my question would be, whether my communication and vocabulary are correct or not. i have lots of doubts while i write and speak (this should i use.. or that should i use...). atpresent my hubby is talking with teachers and sending mails to school. i will talk few words only. he will be in abroad from next academic year. so i should take care of their studies. i have to communicate with my kids' teachers in english only. moreover i have to send the mail to their school frequently regarding their studies and other activities.. i am very confused status.

how can i correct my communication errors whithout help of others (my family).
    OR do anyone help to findout the errors and to say that this sentence is correct or having errors.

i am finding friends who are ready to share their english skills.

JAYAMANI

9. jayamani

jayamani New IL'ite

10. gaja

gaja New IL'ite

Hi
    The same problem is for me also. my children studying in english medium schools. I f I go for parents meeting all teachers spoke in english only. I understand the english very well, but very difficult to reply. Please anyone can help me to speak a fluent english.

Cheers
    Gaja