Help to speak in English

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Prithu, Feb 7, 2007.

1. vista

vista New IL'ite

Lesson 34
    Adjectives
    Verb forms can also be used as adjectives. They are called participial adjectives.
    Examples: the lost mine, the howling wolf.

Pick out the adjectives in these sentences.
    1. The soaking rain caused much damage.
    2. The broken dish cut the crying girl.
    3. A great work was done by the person with a giving spirit.
    4. The laughing hyena was sleeping in its cage.
    5. The eager student found the torn book.

Answers
    1. The, soaking, much
    2. The, broken, the, crying
    3. A, great, the, a, giving
    4. The, laughing, its
    5. The, eager, the, torn

2. vista

vista New IL'ite

Lesson 35
    Adjectives
    Adjectives are not limited in how many can be used with a noun to modify it as in the big black frightening curly bear. These adjectives follow an order pattern when two or more are used together. There is no written rule but just common usage.
    Examples: the second three days, both his friends. You would not say three second the days or his both friends.
    Because many words can be both pronouns and adjectives depending on how they are used in a sentence, decide if the italicized words are pronouns or adjectives in the following sentences. Remember that pronouns stand alone, but adjectives are used to modify nouns.
    1. Does either of you have any of this material. Any amount would help.
    2. Each girl did her chores, and their mother gave each a hug.
    3. This is our answer, and no one disagrees.
    4. Both have many chances to play, but neither one is better.
    5. What is your name because neither of us knows it?

Answers
    1. Either and the first any are pronouns, this and the second anyare adjectives.
    2. The first eachand their are adjectives, and the second eachis a pronoun.
    3. This and no one are pronouns.
    4. Both and one are pronouns, and many and neither are adjectives.
    5. What and neither are pronouns, and your is an adjective.

Quiz Lessons 31-35
    Adjectives
    Find all the adjectives in these sentences.
    1. Our first idea met with many strong complaints.
    2. The happy shout from the three frolicking children greeted their dad on his return.
    3. Star Wars is an exciting movie for most people.
    4. The flooded basement caused terrible damage.
    5. The Johanson family just returned from a hot, exhausting trip to Arizona.

Answers
    1. Our, first, many, strong
    2. The, happy, the, three, frolicking, their, his
    3. an, exciting, most
    4. The, flooded, terrible
    5. The, Johanson, a, hot, exhausting

DAILY GRAMMAR
    Lesson 36
    Adjectives
    Adjectives can be used in comparisons which means we change the form of the adjective when speaking of one, two, or more than two. They change either by adding er or est to the adjective or by using the words more or most before the adjective. Some are irregular in their form and must be memorized or looked up in the dictionary. The dictionary gives the forms for most words using er or est to form comparisons. The three degrees of comparison are called (1) positive which states a quality of onething or person, (2) comparative which compares two things or persons, and (3) superlative which compares more than two things or persons. Examples: positive - new, careless, good; comparative - newer, more careless, better; superlative - newest, most careless, best
    Write the comparative and superlative forms of the following adjectives.
    1. jolly
    2. honest
    3. dim
    4. friendly
    5. little

Answers
    1. jolly, jollier, jolliest
    2. honest, more honest, most honest
    3. dim, dimmer, dimmest
    4. friendly, friendlier, friendliest
    5. little, less or lesser or littler, least or littlest (Little when referring to amount uses less, lesser and least; when referring to size uses littler and littlest.)

Lesson 37
    Adjectives
    In comparison of adjectives, one-syllable adjectives and some two-syllable adjectives (especially those ending in y or le)form the comparative with er and the superlative with est. Examples: new, newer, newest; jolly, jollier, jolliest.
    Write the correct comparative and superlative forms for the following adjectives.
    1. glad
    2. prompt
    3. small
    4 noble
    5. funny

Answers
    1. glad, gladder, gladdest
    2. prompt, prompter, promptest
    3. small, smaller, smallest
    4. noble, nobler, noblest
    5. funny, funnier, funniest

3. vista

vista New IL'ite

Lesson 38
    Adjectives
    Many two-syllable adjectives and almost all adjectives with three or more syllables use more or most to form the comparative and superlative forms. Examples: honest, more honest, most honest; careful, more careful, most careful.
    Write the comparative and superlative forms for these words.
    1. interesting
    2. critical
    3. splendid
    4. delicious
    5. outstanding

Answers
    1. interesting, more interesting, most interesting
    2. critical, more critical, most critical
    3. splendid, more splendid, most splendid
    4. delicious, more delicious, most delicious
    5. outstanding, more outstanding, most outstanding

Lesson 39
    Adjectives
    There are a few adjectives that are irregular in their comparisons. Examples: good, better, best.
    Give the comparative and superlative forms of the following words.
    1. many
    2. ill
    3. much
    4. perfect
    5. bad

Answers
    1. many, more, most
    2. ill, worse, worst
    3. much, more, most
    4. perfect - cannot be compared since there is no more perfect or most perfect.
    5. bad, worse, worst

Lesson 40
    Adjectives
    Never use double comparisons. If you use er or est, then don't use more or most. Correct: He is busier than I. Incorrect: He is more busier than I.
    Chose the correct form in the following sentences.
    1. Yesterday we played our (worse, worst) concert.
    2. I am (more hungrier, hungrier) now.
    3. Who is the (shorter, more shorter, most short, shortest) of the four sisters?
    4. Is this the (best, better, more better, most best ) value that you have?
    5. John is the (most happiest, happiest) kid I know.

Answers
    1. worst
    2. hungrier
    3. shortest
    4. best
    5. happiest

Quiz for Lessons 36-40
    Adjectives
    Give the comparative and superlative forms for these adjectives.
    1. fair
    2. tender
    3. difficult
    4. earnest
    5. responsible
    6. easy
    7. many
    8. straight
    9, muddy
    10. cheerful

Answers
    1. fair, fairer, fairest
    2. tender, tenderer, tenderest
    3. difficult, more difficult, most difficult
    4. earnest, more earnest, most earnest
    5. responsible, more responsible, most responsible
    6. easy, easier, easiest
    7. many, more, most
    8. straight, straighter, straightest
    9. muddy, muddier, muddiest
    10. cheerful, more cheerful, most cheerful

4. vista

vista New IL'ite

DAILY GRAMMAR - Adverbs
    Lesson 46
    Adverbs
    Adverbs are words that modify (1) verbs, (2) adjectives, and (3) other adverbs. They tell how (manner), when (time), where (place), how much (degree), and why (cause). Why is a common one-word adverb that tells why. Adverbs that tell us how, when, where, and why always modify the verb. Adverbs that tell us how much modify adjectives or other adverbs. These adverbs are also called qualifiers because they strengthen or weaken the words they modify.
    Examples: He kicked the ball solidly. (how); He kicked the ball immediately. (when); He kicked the ball forward. (where); He kicked the ball too hard. (how much).
    Find the adverbs in the following sentences and what they tell us.
    1. Paul answered the question quickly.
    2. The answer was given too softly.
    3. I soon understood what he said yesterday.
    4. Becky and Pam wanted to know then and there.
    5. Why do we misunderstand others so often?

Answers
    1. quickly (how)
    2. too (how much), softly (how)
    3. soon (when), yesterday (when)
    4. then (when), there (where)
    5. why (why), so (how much), often (when)

5. vista

vista New IL'ite

Lesson 47 - Adverbs

Many adverbs end with ly which is a good clue to adverb recognition, but not all words that end in ly are adverbs. Some words such as daily, yearly, hourly can be either adverbs or adjectives.
    Pick out the adverbs in these sentences.
    1. Daily we did our very hard lessons.
    2. The yearly crop was totally ruined by the weather.
    3. Hourly we listened to the rapidly falling rain.
    4. The friendly person suddenly ran up to me.
    5. The unusually large dog jumped outside and licked my face.

Answers
    1. Daily, very
    2. totally
    3. hourly, rapidly
    4. suddenly, up
    5. unusually, outside

Lesson 48 - Adverbs
    Not and its contraction n't are adverbs. They really modify the entire sentence, but we will have them modify the verb as it is the most important word in the sentence. This is a common practice in grammar books. Remember that adverbs tell us how, when, where, why, and how much and modify verbs, adjectives, and other adverbs.
    Find the adverbs in these sentences and tell which word they modify.
    1. Terri did not do the work correctly.
    2. Mom was never so deeply pleased with the kids.
    3. Badger actually likes almost every cat he sees.
    4. I recently found that you wouldn't help.
    5. You will not go tomorrow to that very scary movie.

Answers
    1. not, correctly (both words modify the verb did do)
    2. never, so, deeply (never and deeply modify the verb was pleased; so modifies deeply telling how much)
    3. actually, almost (actually modifies the verb likes; almost modifies every telling how much)
    4. recently, n't (recently modifies the verb found; n't modifies the verb would help)
    5. not, tomorrow, very (not and tomorrow modify the verb will go; very modifies scary telling how much)
    Note: Adverbs that modify verbs always modify the whole verb phrase when it is made up of more than one word.

6. vista

vista New IL'ite

Lesson 49 - Adverbs
    Adverbs may be compound. Example: He speaks rapidly and well.
    Find the adverbs in these sentences.
    1. We shouldn't decide this very important decision quickly or foolishly.
    2. Suddenly and quietly the boys slipped from the room.
    3. The girls did the dishes laughingly and happily together.
    4. Marilyn types rapidly and accurately.
    5. Either today or tomorrow we will go to the zoo.

Answers
    1. n't, very, quickly, foolishly
    2. suddenly, quietly
    3. laughingly, happily, together
    4. rapidly, accurately
    5. today, tomorrow

Lesson 50 - Adverbs
    Adverbs that tell us how, when, and where can shift position in the sentence.
    Example: I am often out of town. Often I am out of town. I am out of town often.
    List the adverbs in these sentences.
    1. Jeff does his work wisely.
    2. Seldom do we see everyone at the same time.
    3. Ann often visits from Canada.
    4. Now let's check this again.
    5. I see what you mean now.

Answers
    1. wisely
    2. seldom
    3. often
    4. now, again
    5. now

Lessons 46-50 Quiz
    Find the adverbs in the following sentences, tell what word they modify, and what they tell us. Remember that adverbs tell us how, when, where, why and modify the verb. They also can shift in a sentence. Adverbs that tell us how much modify adjectives or other adverbs. These adverbs must come before the word they modify.
    1. Haven't we often stopped here before?
    2. Boyd does his work faithfully and carefully.
    3. My children sometimes say that I have always been highly critical.
    4. Yesterday Jim came by once or twice.
    5. The baby lay there very safely in the crib.
    6. Today the dog seemed rather restless.

Answers
    1. n't (when/how), often (when), here, (where), before, (when). They all modify the verb have stopped.
    2. faithfully (how), carefully (how). They both modify the verb does.
    3. sometimes (when), always (when), highly (how much). Sometimes modifies the verb say. Always modifies the verb have been. Highly modifies the adjective critical.
    4. yesterday (when), by, (where), once (when), twice (when). They all modify the verb came.
    5. there (where), very (how much), safely (how). There and safely modify the verb lay. Very modifies the adverb safely.
    6. today (when), rather (how much). Today modifies the verb seemed. Rather modifies the adjective restless.

CONTIN............

7. vista

vista New IL'ite

Re: Help to speak in English ஆங்கிலம் பேசலாம் வாங்க!

ஆங்கிலம் பேசலாம் வாங்க!
    குறிச்சொற்கள்: கட்டுரை, பொது
    Unrated
    ஆங்கிலத்தில் பேசுவது இப்போது ஒரு அடிப்படை தகுதியாகிவிட்டது. கிராமங்களிலிருந்து நல்ல மதிப்பெண்களுடனும் திறமையுடனும் வேலைதேடி வரும் நண்பர்கள் பலருக்கும் ஆங்கிலம் பேசும் திறமை குறைவாக இருப்பதால் (மட்டுமே) பல சமயங்களில் வேலைகிடைக்காமல் போகிறது. பொதுவாக கிராமத்து இளைஞர்களை விரும்பி தேர்வு செய்யும் நான்கூட பல சமயங்களில் பல திறமையானவர்களை 'Poor Communication Skill' என்று சொல்லி வருத்தத்துடன் நிராகரிக்க வேண்டியிருந்தது.
    நானும் ஒரு கிராமத்தாந்தான். 10வரைக்கும் தமிழ் வழிக் கல்விதான் படித்தேன். 11 மற்றும் 12 ஆங்கிலத்தில் படிக்கவேண்டிய நிர்பந்தம். படித்தேன். 11ல் எப்போதும் ஜஸ்ட் பாஸ் மதிப்பெண்களே வாங்குவேன். ஆனால் 12 முடிக்கும்போது மாநில பொதுத் தேர்வில் நல்ல மதிப்பெண்கள் வாங்கி பள்ளியில் மூன்றாவது இடத்தைப் பெற்றேன், அதே ஆங்கில வழிக் கல்வியில்.
    ஆரம்ப பள்ளி முதலே ஆங்கிலம் நமக்கு சொல்லித்தரப் படுவதால் நமக்கு போதுமான அளவு அடிப்படை ஞானம் இதில் இருக்கிறது. ஆனால் நம்மிடம் இல்லாத ஒன்று ஆங்கிலம் பேசிப் பழகும் பழக்கம். செந்தமிழ் போல ஆங்கிலமும் "நாப்பழக்கம்தான்".
    எளிதில் ஆங்கிலம் கற்றுக்கொள்ள அல்லது ஆங்கில அறிவை மேம்படுத்த நீங்கள் தமிழில் அதிகம் தெரிந்து வைத்திருக்கும் கதைகளை அல்லது கருத்துக்களை ஆங்கிலத்தில் படிக்கக் கிடைத்தால் அதை ஆங்கில அறிவை மேம்படுத்தும் நோக்கத்தோடு படிப்பது எளிய முயற்சி.
    எனக்கு கைகொடுத்தது ஆங்கில பைபிள். பைபிளை தமிழில் தெரிந்துவைத்திருந்த நான் ஆங்கில பைபிள் படிக்க ஆரம்பித்தபோது ஒப்பீடு செய்து படிக்க முடிந்தது. இதுபோல உங்களுக்குத் தமிழில் தெரிந்த காப்பியங்களை, கதைகளை ஆங்கிலத்தொல் வாசிக்கக் கிடைத்தால் படிக்கலாம். படக்கதைகள் ஆங்கிலப் பேச்சறிவு வளர்ப்பதற்கு உதவும், அவற்றில் உரையாடல்கள் அதிகம் இருப்பதால்.
    நம் மக்கள் பலர் ஆங்கிலம் அதிகமாய் பேச ஆரம்பித்தாலும் பல இலக்கணப் பிழைகளோடேயே பேசுகிறோம். பொதுவான சில ஆங்கில இலக்கணப் பிழைகளையும் அவற்றின் சரியான வடிவங்களையும் பார்ப்போம். (டேய்! மொதல்ல தமிழ் இலக்கணத்த படியுங்கடான்னு குரல்கொடுக்கிற மக்களுக்கு; தெரிஞ்சவங்க சொல்லுங்க, நிச்சயம் படிக்க ஆவலாயிருக்கிறேன்)
    1. Did உபயோகிப்பது.
    பலருக்கும் did என்பது இறந்த காலத்தில் செய்யப்பட்ட செயலை குறிக்கும் என்பது தெரியும்.
    He did it. அவன் அதை செய்தான்/செய்துமுடித்துவிட்டான்.
    did பயன்படுத்தும்போது அதனை அடுத்து வரும் வினைச் சொற்களில்(Verbs - செயலைக் குறிக்கும் சொற்கள்) Present Tenseஐயே பயன்படுத்த வேண்டும்.
    உதாரணத்துக்கு He did killed. என்பது தவறானதாகும் He did kill. என்பதே சரியானதாகும். இந்தத் தவறை பலமுறை பலர் செய்யக் கேட்டிருக்கிறேன். முக்கியமாக கேள்வி கேட்கும்போது.
    When did you arrived? என்பது தவறானது. ஏற்கனவே did இறந்த காலத்தை குறித்துவிட்டமையால் arrive எனும் வினைச் சொல் இறந்தகாலத்தை குறிக்கத் தேவையில்லை.
    When did you arrive?(எப்போது நீ வந்து சேர்ந்தாய்) என்பதே சரியான உபயோகமாகும்.
    சில சரியான did பிரயோகங்கள்
    When did you do it?
    When did you come?
    Did you find it?
    Did she finish it?
    2. Does உபயோகம்.
    Does என்பது did என்பதற்கான நிகழ்காலச் சொல். (Does, did இரண்டுமே Do என்பதின் மாற்றுருக்கள்.) பொதுவாக He, She, it எனும் Pronoun(சுட்டு பெயர்)களை நிகழ்காலத்தில் பயன்படுத்தும்போது வினைச் சொல்லை 's' சேர்த்து சொல்லவேண்டும்.
    உதாரணமாய். He come(அவன் வருகிறான்). என்பது தவறானது. He comes என்பதே சரியான உபயோகம்.
    She dance well. தவறு She dances well சரியானது.
    Does உபயோகிக்கும்போது இந்த 's' சேர்க்கை அதிலேயே இருப்பதால் அடுத்துவரும் வினைச்சொல்லில் 's' சேர்க்கத் தேவையில்லை.
    Does என்பது do என்பதின் மறுவடிவம். He, she, it எனும் சுட்டுப் பெயர்களை பயன்படுத்தும்போது doவிற்குப் பதில் does பயன்படுத்துகிறோம்.
    She does dances well. தவறானது She does dance well. சரியானது.
    3. பலரில் ஒருவர்.
    One of my friend என்பதுபோல பலசமயம் நாம் பேசுவதுண்டு. "என் சொந்தக்காரங்கள்ள ஒருத்தன் வலைப்பதிவுன்னு அலஞ்சுகிட்டிருக்கான்." என உங்களைப்பற்றி யாராவது சொல்லியிருக்கக்கூடும்.
    one of my friend என்பது தவறான உபயோகம். One of my friends என்பதே சரியான உபயோகம். என் நண்பர்களில்(friends) ஒருவர் என்பதே சரி அல்லவா? எனவே பன்மை அவசியம்.
    One my friends இன்னும் சில தவறுகளுக்கு வழி வகுக்கலாம். friends என வந்ததால் பன்மை என நினைக்கிறோம். அதனால் சிலர் one of my friends have a horse named Cyril. என்பதுபோல சொல்கிறோம்.
    ஆனால் நாம் பேசுவது 'One' of my freinds பற்றி. நம் நண்பர்களில் 'ஒருவரைப்' பற்றி பேசுவதால், அவரைப் பற்றியே பின்வரும் செய்திகளும் சொல்லப்படுவதால் haveற்குப் பதில் has தரப்படவேண்டும்.
    One of my friends has a horse named Cyril. என்பதே சரியான வாக்கியம்.
    4.அது, அதனது.
    இதுல நான் பலமுறை தள்ளாடியிருக்கேன். It'sக்கும் Itsக்கும் என்ன வித்தியாசம்?
    It's என்பது 'it is' என்பதன் சுருக்கம். It is a beautiful day என்பதை it's a beautiful day எனவும் சொல்லலாம்.
    Its என்பது அதனது அல்லது அதனுடையது எனப் பொருள்படும். I can't remember it's name. என்பது தவறு. I can't remember its name. -அதனது பெயர் நினைவில்லை- என்பதே சரியானது.
    It's its. - அது அதனுடையது ( how is it ?- இது எப்டி இருக்கு! ha ha ha :)
    5. Can't able
    தமிழில் 'செய்ய இயலவில்லை' என்பதை சிலர் அப்படியே I can't able to do this என மொழி பெயர்ப்பதுண்டு.
    Can't என்பதே முடியாமையை குறிப்பதால் able தேவையில்லை. ஆனால் I can't do it. என்பது உங்கள் இயலாமையை முற்றுமாகச் சொல்வதில்லை. இது ஒரு மறுப்பாகவும் எடுத்துக்கொள்ளப் படலாம். எனவே உங்கள் இயலாமையை சொல்ல ableஐ பயன்படுத்துங்கள்.
    I am not able to do it. - என்னல் அதை செய்ய இயலவில்லை.
    I can't do it - என்னால் இதை செய்ய முடியாது.
    இதுபொலவே I can able என்பதும் சரியானதில்லை.
    I can - என்னால் முடியும்
    I am able/ I will be able to do something - என்னால் செய்ய இயலும்.
    able - ability - இயலும் அல்லது இயலாமையை குறிப்பது.
    6. Is he is there?
    மேலுள்ள கேள்வியில் அவர் அங்கே இருக்கிறாரா என கேட்க நினைத்திருக்கிறார். இரண்டு is இதில் தவறாக வந்துள்ளன. இதுவும் ஒரு பொதுவான தவறே.
    Is he there? Is he in yet? - என்பவைகளே சரியான உபயோகங்கள்.
    7. more and morer
    Comparitive speech. ஒப்புமைப்படுத்தி பேசும்போது மூன்று நிலைகளை ஆங்கில இலக்கணம் அனுமதிக்கிறது. சமதளம்(Positive), ஒப்புமைப்படுத்தும் நிலை(Comparative), ஒப்புமையில்லாத நிலை(Superlative).
    இரு பதிவாளர்கள் சம அளவு பின்னூட்டம் பெறுவது சமதளம். Both the bloggers get same number of comments.
    ஒருவருக்கு அதிகம் கிடைக்கையில் இருவரில் எவர் அதிகம் பெறுகிறார் என ஒப்புமைப் படுத்தலாம்.
    Blogger Earthworm gets more comments than blogger Lukeworm.
    இவை பொதுவாக -er எனும் எழுத்துக்களில் முடியும் சொற்களால் குறிக்கப்படுகின்றன. taller, smaller என்பதுபோலெ.
    ஆனால் நம்ம இலவசக்கொத்தனாரை குறிப்பிடும்போது He gets the most comments. அவருக்கு ஒப்பேயில்லை. இவை -est எனும் எழுத்துக்களில் முடியும் சொற்களால் குறிக்கப்படுகின்றன. tallest, smallest என்பதுபோல.
    இதெல்லாம் பலருக்கும் தெரியும் என்றாலும் more உபயோகப் படுத்தும்போது இன்னுமொரு -er வார்த்தையை உபயோகப் படுத்துவோர் பலர்.
    He is more taller than her. என்பது தவறானது.
    He is taller than her. என்பதே சரியான வாக்கியம். இந்த இடத்தில் moreஐ தவிர்ப்பதே நல்லது ஏனெனில் Taller எனும் வார்த்தை சரியாக அமைந்துள்ளது.
    பேச்சு வழக்கில் இதைப்பற்றி அதிகம் கவலைப்படுபவர்கள் இல்லை எனச் சொல்லலாம்.
    8. ஒப்புமைகள் பலவிதம்.
    மேலே கூறிய ஒப்புமைகளுக்கு சிலசமயங்களில் பிரத்யோக வார்த்தைகள் உபயோகிக்கப்படுகின்றன.
    Good - Better - Best
    bad - worse - worst (Worser என்பது தவறான உபயோகம்)
    little - less- least
    much - more - most
    many - more - most
    some - more - most
    far - further - furthest
    absolute, impossible, principal, adequate, inevitable, stationary, chief, irrevocable, sufficient, complete, main, unanimous, devoid, manifest, unavoidable, entire, minor, unbroken, fatal, paramount, unique, final, perpetual, universal, ideal, preferable and whole போன்றவற்றை more உடன் பயன்படுத்தலாம். (மோர்கூட ஊறுகாய் நல்லாயிருக்கும்னு சொல்றீங்களா - Could I have more pickle please?)
    9. எடுத்துட்டு வந்ததும் வாங்கிட்டு வந்ததும்
    Brought என்பது எடுத்துவருவது bought என்பது வாங்கி வருவது.
    My brother brought me books from the exhibition. என் சகோதரர் புத்தகம் எடுத்து வந்தார் (அவர் வாங்கியிருக்கலாம், சுட்டிருக்கலாம், கடைவைத்திருப்பவராயிருக்கலாம் ஆனால் என்னை பொறுத்தவரை எனக்கு எடுத்து வந்தார்).
    My brother bought me books from exhibition. எனது சகோதரர் எனக்கு புத்தகங்களை வாங்கித்தந்தார் (அவர் வாங்கியது எனக்காகத்தான்.)
    Brought என்பது Bringன் இறந்தகாலச் சொல். Bought என்பது buyன் இறந்தகாலச் சொல்.
    10. a university;an hour
    ஆங்கிலத்தில் a மற்றும் an உபயோகத்தில் குழப்பம் ஏற்பட வாய்ப்புண்டு. பொதுவாக a, e, i, o மற்றும் u வில் துவங்கும் வார்த்தைகளுக்கு an உபயோகிப்பது வழக்கம். ஆனால் இந்த (உயிர்) எழுத்துகளில் துவங்கும் வார்த்தைகள் என்பதை விட இந்த உயிரெழுத்துக்களின் உச்சரிப்பில் துவங்கும் வார்த்தைகள் என்பதே பொருத்தமாகும்.
    இதன் அடிப்படையிலேயே Hour Hல் துவங்கினாலும் அது an Hour (அவர்) எனப்படுகிறது. University Uவில் துவங்கினாலும் யூ எனும் உச்சரிப்பில் துவங்குவதால் a பயன்படுத்தப்படுகிறது.
    எளிதில் இதை நினைவுகூற என் 10ஆம் வகுப்பு ஆங்கில ஆசிரியை சொல்லித்தந்த வழி என்னவென்றால், தமிழின் உயிரெழுத்துக்களான அ, ஆ, இ, ஈ, உ, ஊ, எ, ஏ, ஐ, ஒ, ஓ, ஔ எனும் ஒலிகளில் ஒரு வார்த்தை துவங்குமானால் அவற்றிற்கு an பயன்படுத்தவேண்டும். மற்றவைக்குத் தேவையில்லை. இதுபோல பேசும்போது theவை 'தி' எனச் சொல்வதும் இந்த உயிரெழுத்து ஒலிகளுக்கே பொருந்தும். It works all the time.
    hour - சொல்லும்போது 'அவர்' என்கிறோம் எனவே an சேர்க்கப்படுகிறது.
    University - 'யூ' எனும் உச்சரிப்பில் துவங்குகிறது எனவே a.
    உங்களுக்கு மேலும் கேள்விகளிருந்தால் கேட்கலாம் பதில் தர முயற்சிக்கிறேன். ஏதோ எனக்குத் தெரிஞ்சத சொன்னேனே தவிர என் பெயர பீட்டர் அலெக்ஸுன்னெல்லாம் மாத்திவைக்க மாட்டேன். ஓரளவுக்கேனும் ஆங்கில அறிவு எல்லாருக்கும் தேவை (பின்ன எப்படி இலக்கியம் படைக்கிறது?) வெளிநாட்டில் வந்து வேலை பார்ப்பவர்களுக்கு கொஞ்சம் அதிகமாகவே தேவை

8. vista

vista New IL'ite

சில எளிய உரையாடல்கள் எப்படி இருக்கலாம் என்பதைப் பார்க்கலாம்.
    அறிமுகம் செய்யும்போது:
    1. வணக்கம் என தமிழில் சொல்வதுபோல Hi அல்லது hello பயன்படுத்தி ஒருவரை வரவேர்க்கலாம்.
    2. காலத்துக்கேற்ப Good morning (காலை வணக்கம்), Good afternoon (மதிய வணக்கம்), Good evening போன்றவற்றைச் சொல்லலாம்.
    3. Goodnight உறங்கப்போகுமுன் சொல்வது. ஒருவரை சாயுங்காலம் பார்த்துவிட்டு விடை பெறுகையில் இதைப் பயன்படுத்தலாம்.
    4. How are you? ஒருவரை 'எப்டி இருக்கீங்க', 'நலமா' என விசாரிக்க. இதற்கு I am fine என்றோ, fine என்றோ, I am good அல்லது வெறுமனே good. என பதிலளிக்கலாம்.
    5. முன்பு பார்த்த ஒருவரை மீண்டும் பார்க்கையில் How have you been? எனக் கேட்கலாம். (நாம் முன்பு சந்தித்ததுமுதல்) எப்படி இருந்து வந்திருக்கிறீர்கள் என அர்த்தம். இதற்கு I have been good/fine என பதிலளிக்கலாம்.
    6. பொதுவாக உங்களை விசாரிப்பவர்களுக்கு நன்றி சொல்வது வழக்கம். எனவே.
    How are you?
    I am fine. Thank you.
    என்பது வழக்கம்.
    கூடவே மறு விசாரிப்பையும் சேர்க்கலாம்.
    How are you?
    I am fine. Thank you. How about you?
    அல்லது.
    How are you?
    I am fine. Thank you. How are you?
    7. உங்கள் நண்பர் ஒருவரை அறிமுகம் செய்ய.
    Meet my friend Ram. (அல்லது)
    This is my friend Ram.
    8. புதிதாக அறிமுகம் செய்யப்பட்டவருக்கு Hi சொல்லிவிட்டு உங்களை அறிமுகம் செய்ய.
    I am Cyril Alex. Nice to meet you.
    அல்லது
    Glad to meet you எனலாம்.
    Nice meeting you என்பது விடைபெறுகையில் சொல்வது.
    9. Nice to meet you என்பதற்கு
    Pleasure is mine என்றோ
    Nice to meet you too. என்றோ பதிலளிக்கலாம்.

ஒரு எளிய அறிமுக உரையாடல்.
    A: Hi, Good Moring.
    B: Hi.
    A: How have you been?
    B: Great. How about you?
    A: Good.
    B: Meet my friend Mahesh.
    A: Hi Mahesh. How are you?
    C: Fine. How about you?
    A: Good. Nice to meet you.
    C: Pleasure is mine.

9. vista

vista New IL'ite

இன்னும் சில மொழி பெயர்ப்பு உதவிகள்
    since - ஒரு குறிப்பிட்ட காலம் முதல்(துவங்கி)
    I have been a blogger since Dec 2005 - 2005 டிசம்பர் முதல்(துவங்கி) நான் வலைப்பதிவராய் இருக்கிறேன்
    It is 5 years since I came to Chennai - நான் சென்னை வந்து 5 வருடங்கள் ஆகின்றன.
    then - அதன்பிறகு அல்லது அப்போது
    You come to my office then we can talk - நீ என் அலுவலகத்துக்கு வந்தபிறகு நாம் பேசிக்கொள்ளலாம்
    At first he agreed then he disagreed. - முதலில் ஒப்புக்கொண்டார் பிறகு மறுத்தார்
    Now and then - அவ்வப்போது
    He comes here now and then - அவ்வப்போது அவர் இங்கே வருவார்.
    Now and then I talk to him - அவ்வப்போது அவரோடு பேசுவேன்
    these - இவை/இந்த
    These are from the south - இவை தெற்கிலிருந்து.
    These students are from Don Bosco - இந்த மாணவர்கள் டான் போஸ்கோவிலிருந்து.
    These days I don't read much - இந்த நாட்களில் நான் அதிகமாய் வாசிப்பதில்லை
    those - அவை/அந்த
    if - ஒன்று உண்மையாக இருக்குமானால்
    If you are busy today let us meet tomorrow - இன்று நீ வேலையாயிருந்தால் நாளை சந்திக்கலாம்.
    If the hat fits you wear it - தொப்பி உனக்கு பொருந்துமானால் அணிந்துகொள்
    We do not know if he is guilty - அவன் குற்றவாளியா எனத் தெரியவில்லை.
    if பயன்படுத்தும்போது இரண்டு விதயங்கள் பேசப்படுகின்றன. ஒன்று 'ஒரு கூற்று' உண்மையாக இருக்குமானால் (if the hat fits you)- என்கிற வாதம் அடுத்தது அது உண்மையாயிருக்குமானால் என்ன செய்யலாம், என்ன நடக்கலாம் எனும் வாதம்(wear it). இதில் thenம் பயன்படுத்தலாம்.
    If the hat fits you then wear it.
    else - ஒன்று உண்மையாய் இல்லாமல் இருந்தால்
    Ifல் விவாதிக்கப்படும் கூற்று பொய்யாயிருந்தால் என்ன செய்வது என விவாதிக்கிறது.
    If we go first we win else they win.
    If I meet him I will talk to him else I will write him a letter.
    without - ஒன்றில்லாமல்
    I take cofee without milk
    We went there without money
    from - ஒன்றிலிருந்து
    I come from Chennai - நான் சென்னையிலிருந்து வருகிறேன்.
    They make sugar from this - இதிலிருந்து சர்க்கரை செய்கிறார்கள்.
    From now on I will not blog - இப்போதிலிருந்து வலைப்பதிவு செய்யப்போவதில்லை.

10. vista

vista New IL'ite

தமிழிலிருந்து நேரடி மொழி பெயர்ப்புக்கு உதவும் வகையில் சில எளிய ஆனால் முக்கியமான வார்த்தைகளின் மொழியாக்கம் பார்க்கலாம்.
    To - 'க்கு' என எடுத்துக்கொள்ளலாம்
    எ.கா: To him - அவனு'க்கு' ; to school - பள்ளி'க்கு'; to eat; சாப்பிடுவதற்கு
    I gave it to him - அதை அவனுக்கு கொடுத்தேன்
    I am going to school - நான் பள்ளிக்கு போய்க்கொண்டிருக்கிறேன்
    Let us meet to eat - சாப்பிடுவதற்கு சந்திப்போம்
    for - காக
    for her - அவளுக்'காக', for this - இதற்காக, for eating - சாப்பிடுவதற்காக
    I sang for her - நான் அவளுக்காக பாடினேன்
    I waited for this - நான் இதற்காக காத்திருந்தேன்.
    This cake is for eating - இந்த கேக் சாப்பிடுவதற்காக - இந்த வகையில் for என்பதற்கு அடுத்துவர்ரும் வினைச் சொற்கள் ingயோடே வருகின்றன.
    the - தெளிவாக குறிப்பிட்டுச் சொல்லும் ஒன்றை the என குறித்துச் சொல்லவேண்டும்.
    The temple in Vadapalani. - வட பழனியில் இருக்கும் அந்தக் கோவில். வடபழனியில் பல கோவில்கள் இருக்கலாம் ஆனாலும் ஒரு குறிப்பிட்ட கோவிலைப் பற்றி பேசுகிறீர்கள். வடபழனியில் உள்ள ஏதாவது ஒரு கோவிலாஇ எனச் சொல்ல A பயன்படுத்துங்கள்.
    He is getting married in a temple in Vadapalani - வடபழனியில் உள்ள (ஏதோ) ஒரு கோவிலில் அவன் திருமணம் செய்துகொள்ளவிருக்கிறான்.
    He is getting married in the temple in Vadapalani - வடபழனியில் உள்ள அந்தக் கோவிலில் அவன் திருமணம் செய்துகொள்ளவிருக்கிறான்.
    because (of) - ஏனெனில்; (ஒன்றின்) காரணமாக
    ஒரு காரியத்தின் காரணத்தைச் சொல்கையில் because பயன்படுகிறது.
    Because of poverty people are stealing. ஏழ்மையின் காரணமாய் மக்கள் திருடுகிறார்கள்.
    He is angry because she dumped him. அவன் கோபமாயிருக்கிறான் ஏனெனில் அவள் அவனை நிராகரித்துவிட்டாள்.
    ஒரு செயலின் காரணமாய் ஒரு ஆளோ, பொருளோ இருப்பின், அதாவது because என்பதற்குப்பின் ஒரு பெயர்ச்சொல்லை பயன்படுத்துவீர்களானால் of பயன்படுத்த வேண்டும்.
    He is angry because of Raju.
    I am late because of my wife.
    of - உடைய (அவனுடைய, அவ்வளுடைய etc)
    The book of Raju. ராஜுவுடைய புத்தகம்
    The music of Rehman. ரஹ்மானுடைய இசை.
    The star of the week. அந்த வாரத்தினுடைய நட்சத்திரம்
    So - ஆதலால், எனவே, அதனால்
    I am sick so I am taking some rest - எனக்கு உடம்புக்கு முடியல ஆதலால்(எனவே) ஓய்வெடுக்கிறேன்
    Raju worked hard so he won - கடினமாக உழைத்ததால் ராஜு வென்றான்
    குறிப்பு: அதனால்தான் என்பதை so only என நேரடி மொழிபெயர்ப்பது வழக்கம். ஆனால் இது தவறானது. that's why பயன்படுத்தலாம். இதுகுறித்து பின்னர் பார்க்கலாம் (கொஞ்சம் ஆய்வு செய்யணும்)
    with - உடன் (உடனடியாக என்பதல்ல)
    I am going with Siva - நான் சிவாவுடன் போகிறேன்
    She came with apples - அவள் ஆப்பிளுடன் வந்தாள்
    Mary fought with Raju - மேரி ராஜுவுடன் சண்டையிட்டாள்.

this - இது
    that - அது
    here - இங்கே
    there - அங்கே