help to bake

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by jaaisu, Dec 22, 2010.

1. jaaisu

jaaisu Senior IL'ite

dear IL's,

This is the first time im trying to bake..i tried eggless butter cookies but it was burnt and stuck to the plate..I havent kept any sheet in the baking tray..Iam not much used to this oven..there were 2 knobs one for temperature and other had some options..looks like 1 was to heat from bottom ,one was from both sides and the other i have no idea...i applied some butter on the plate as i din have any butter sheet..i wanted to know if the fan switches on automatically cos wen the fan was switchd on i thought sumtng went wrng..I wud be very thankful if u can guide me about greasing,setting temp and much info on the oven as i don have the manual..kindly help me out ..

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Can you tell which brand of oven you have? Is it an OTG (oven, toaster, griller) or a convection model microwave. Tell me the brand name of the appliance. You could download the manual from the website of the appliance, did you try that?
    Let me see if I could help you.

3. Gitunandakumar

Gitunandakumar Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Can some one help me in measuring butter? Which butter you people use for baking? For 1/2 cup how will you measure?

4. shubag

shubag Gold IL'ite

Geetha you havent replied to varloo's queries about the type of appliance you have. Each recipe has its own measurement for butter (mostly unsalted, if otherwise specified in the recipe). It is a MUST you have measuring cups and spoons which are easily available in the market. There are no approximations in perfect baking !!

Suggest you go through the manual that comes alongwith the appliance, get familiar and then do the baking!! Wishing you good luck :thumbsup

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Geetha,
    Chithvish had given detailed instructions about all your doubts in the Ask Chitvish forum. It is in the heading CAKELORE. Please go thro all the instructions well. Then buy the basic utensils such as measuring spoons, cups and cakeware. Then start with the basic recipes and then move on to others. Please give details about your oven-otherwise nothing can be done. HAVE PATIENCE FIRST!

6. Gitunandakumar

Gitunandakumar Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Thanks for your immediate response. Actually i used to bake many cakes and cookies in U.S and i have all measuring cups, spoons etc., but i never tired here. So i asked it.
    Regarding oven i have faberoven.