1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

help please - my wife and I are so different

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ArrangedM, Jun 14, 2012.

1. ArrangedM

ArrangedM Junior IL'ite

please excuse me, i just want to tell everythign in mind to somebody thats all. Sorry all, i cant tell this to anyone in real life. Just want to write everythign in mind thats all, sometimes it is helping to write and sometimes it is not.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  2. ArrangedM

ArrangedM Junior IL'ite

She is like a Baby. I always want to do what you wrote above. I do it too. But I cannot hold it for long, I ended up taking her measurements yesterday. (please dont thik am being condescending here or magnanimous...just that i know i dont deserve her, so i try to keep her happy in other ways)

Reason she wont talk first after fights is- she is scared of rejection. What if she ocmes to me and I reject her.

She is deeply hurt, thats all. I may have given a wrong impression on her, may be in anger. But she is good. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  3. ArrangedM

ArrangedM Junior IL'ite

4. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

its a tough situation you are in, i donno how i can help you... but i am happy to see a man putting in efforts to make his wife happy. i donno if i can helps but my opinion is... try to get a good soft romantic book.. like eric segal...lovestory.... or google out some true life succesful lovestories, or how to lead a married life.. or resposibilites of a wife to husband and viceversa......... i think your wife has not yet learned to trust you and mariage..... hope all will be well soon...Best wishes

PS: if my hus did half the things u did for wife.... i would have remarried my hus again :)

5. insha

insha Gold IL'ite

Have you spoken to her openly that you want to make this work?Its true that she doesnt like your past.But nothing can be changed now and there is no point in sulking.Tell her you are ready to love her in the best possible way.I see that you are genuinely trying to put efforts.She feeling bad about your past is ok,but even after you making efforts she still being adament is just spoiling her life as well.

If even after telling this she still remains with any reaction,start behaving the same way to her for sometime.Let her feel the silent treatment that she is giving you.

6. yesican

yesican Gold IL'ite

Hi arrangem, i seem to have offended you, that was not my intention, my intention was to bring you of your circle of sorrow that you seemed to be stuck in, so you can take some action and move forward in life instead of going round in circles over the problem. I am sorry if my words were harsh and hurt you.

I can feel the pain you are in by your words above, you are trying so hard to understand your wife, her wishes and how you can make her happy. . After reading stories of some not-so-good husbands on this forum, I think you are a great husband, I only wish your wife understands this sooner rather than later. Sorry I do not have any wisdom to share as to how you can bring that about - I am simply at a loss to suggest anything, other than accept her as is, my opinion for what its worth she's not going to change anytime soon (she's had 25+ years to build her current character+thoughts, its going to take another 25+ years for her to evolve and change her thoughts). Wish there were more such great husbands like you around, if you ever divorce your wife give me a call...just joking!!!

7. ArrangedM

ArrangedM Junior IL'ite

initially I got angry. but as i went into writing I totally forgot about it. i understood your post :)

Thank You all.

8. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Everyone has a threshold before they snap. I guess you are standing right above it. Your wife needs to know that. All this, accept as they are and love unconditionally never works with partners. I mean, excuse me, we are humans and we are supposed to have expectations and stuff.
    If I want to be kinky tonight, I better have a responsive partner in bed than a servant who would do what I want. I need someone to explore with me. An organic natural flow should be in place.

Well so you were a playboy in your past and not a ram as she expected. I hope you are not that anymore ) if So, well what can she do now. Either live with you or separate. that's all is there. Dragging her feet and making you life in hell every minute is just torture.

This needs to be put it out in the table which means you both need to talk. Communication is a must to get things out in the open.

Start with asking her what is that she wants to do for the next N number of years?. Doesn't she have any expectations in life anymore? Put her in a spot that if you love this imperfect husband, shouldn't you do it in the right way, since you are perfect ;-)

1 person likes this.
  9. mommybird

mommybird Gold IL'ite

Thank god Nandhu said it. I thought I was the only bad girl thinking in these lines.

Accept the situation gracefully and live..if not move out. I don't appreciate this passive aggressive behaviour in humans. Gets to me.

10. ArrangedM

ArrangedM Junior IL'ite

You got it right. Thanks.

I asked her - what does she want. How will she want us to be in 5 yrs down the line if we are gogin at this rate now. what are we gogin to do about it? her answer is 'i dont know. life will go on' - though her answer is pathetic, her face when she tells that is really sorry, you cannot miss the sorrow in that face. very deep.