help needed for interview

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by sumathegreat, Aug 22, 2012.

1. sumathegreat

sumathegreat Silver IL'ite

Hi frns would you please suggest me tips for banking interview.

2. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

Hi suma

I have attended a few bank interviews, and i can tell you to prepare yourself for a serious interview. Whatever you say, mean it and know something about it. Eg: If you say my hobby is to read business magazines, they might ask you which is your favourate one? Who is the editor of that magazine? Which is your fav. column and writer, etc.

Also be strong on your basics like cash flow, fund flow, ratio analysis, journal entries, Bank reconciliation statement, pass book, cash book, etc.

All the best!

3. gymfreak4utakenover

gymfreak4utakenover Silver IL'ite

Sorry, am not into banking domain! But one important point about interviews, be it any, interviewer will ask you series of questions from what you answer initially... so be ready to be able to answer any questions that the interviewer might spin around from your reply! And be careful when you answer, try to steer the interviewer more towards the topic that you are more familiar with! That way you can have control over to some extent as to how the interview goes!
    And like Ananya has said, Being strong in basics is a must!

1 person likes this.
  4. kbah

kbah New IL'ite

Another area to prepare on is - the company you are going to interview with. Do read about them, it does impress employers if you know about their company.

5. sumathegreat

sumathegreat Silver IL'ite

thanq for all ur replies.. I am also not a person with banking background.. so dont know the banking terminology at all..