1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Help My Wife Is Getting Hot Episodes

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by MrCroc, Jan 19, 2023.

1. MrCroc

MrCroc Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Been married since 2015 (she was 26 back then), kid in 2019, she was 29 back then. She had gastesional diabetes but she is slim as hell. There was no post partum weight gain and she has been slim her whole life. Her father had diabetes but neither her sisters nor her mother had diabetes. Her mother died before our marriage due to bone cancer. Her father died in his sleep.

Actually she never discusses her father or mother or family past with me because of tension between my parents and her father. Our was a no-dowry marriage, idea was that we will do all functions and arrangements for the ceremonies, you folks just come and finish the wedding. Her father brought a lot of guests and During marriage ceremony many of her fathers guests got drunk and misbehaved and that caused a scene. No one takes alcohol in our family. After wedding, my father had a total anger outburst on her father and since then she never talks about them. Rest of her family is someone who have been too distant to us or even her sisters. Even when her father died, no one came from her family. It was down on the three sister (my wife and her two sister) and me. We did all his final rites.

We moved to Canada in 2017 and I was able to get her into a Phd program here because she is a masters in chemical engineering and that way she can become a lecturer or professor or a government researcher in some lab. Private sector gets too much stressful for her.

I am seeing for quite sometime now that she gets these episodes of intense heat. Even in Canadian winter. She will ask to open up the window and shutdown heating even if it is -10 and snowing outside. And when that happens she feels absolutely tired and sleepy. I have seen these episodes are linked with stress too. I have seen her "fighting" with herself often. Like debating in her mind and moving hand as if quarelling with someone. I asked her to consult a doctor since like 2 years but she is not doing it. Also I saw this during our honeymoon too that she sometimes get exhausted suddenly, especially if she is not eating small small amount regularly. I keep some small snacks with her always. It feels like symtoms of pre-diabetes or something. But it can simply be stress too or something hormonal. She got a checkup before pregnancy and then it was nothing. Only during third trimester she got gestational diabetes that too very mild. They gave her no medication and only some general diet advice and a glucose meter to monitor her blood sugar levels. They were almost always under control. No ketosis nothing like that.

I am at my wits end. What is up here? What can I do?

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

She needs to get a complete physical exam at the doctor’s. Does she not go for an annual physical and well-woman check?

3. MrCroc

MrCroc Silver IL'ite

No, not really.

4. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

@MrCroc

Your wife needs you a lot right now. She is fighting a huge battle within her. I don't know if you guys ever sat down to discuss about her feelings or how she feels about not having her dad around or the aftermath of whatever happened during your marriage.

A complete health check is just the beginning. I feel she has bottled up all her emotions. some people donot show emotions outward. That doesnt mean they donot have it. Just that they are good at keeping it to themselves.

Try and have a conversation with her. If you cant do that, maybe join her for some counselling sessions. The sooner you do this, the better for her.

5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Looks like stress or health issue.. Please start with blood work/by consulting doctor. Also, consider therapy. Be a good listener and see if she can open up. She needs your support.