1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

help me out- 1yr old has uneven skin tone.

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sweetdoll, Mar 19, 2013.

1. sweetdoll

sweetdoll New IL'ite

hiii ILites

i have a 1 year old dd..i have some queries regarding her skin and its complexion..her face is white but her all over body seems brownish..i tot may be with time it will change but there s no change..dunno whether its some vitamin deficiency r something..doctor adviced me to change the soap PEDISOFT but no use..i am seeking advices from the experienced mommies have u also faced the same prob and wat r the remedies...
    plz do reply me

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Re: help me out

Hi sweetdoll

My son's skin tone is uneven.I mean his face is much fairer than his body.
    He's 6yrs old now and it has not changed.I actually didnt do anything to change it too.
    my skin tone too is uneven so i guess my son got it from me.

3. sweetdoll

sweetdoll New IL'ite

hi dinny
    thanx for the reply but doc said it will change so i was confused i mean right from her birth she kept changing her complexion one day she looks evenly toned the very next day uneven dont know why she keeps changing like camouflage :p

4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hi sweetdoll

please read the private message i have sent you :)

5. stusin98

stusin98 New IL'ite

Hi,

My 6-year old daughter's body and face are of little different shade (face is lighter). It has been this way since birth. I was told that it will settle down as she grows up. But it is still the same. I am quite concerned about it but don't want to try cosmetics/chemicals on her skin. She also suffered from eczema when she was 3 months old, and has very dry skin. Please do share with me anything that you have seen to work on small kids with such skin. Thanks.

6. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

My DD's skin tone is also uneven...even mine too :). We both have fair face and little dark body. On lighter note, some times my DH tease me, you are like a chinese product...

7. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

For dry skin they suggest to use Vaseline or eucerin.... for eczema I use Neosporin eczema essential it got the oatmeal and my son had eczema on legs, hands... I use it to him daily now I don't see his rash... but for dry skin its good to keep moisturizing all the time.. for my nephew olive oil works for eczema so if you want to try that you can give it a try... I apply olive oil for my son daily...