Help in improving software skills?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by sweety09, Feb 1, 2010.

1. sweety09

sweety09 New IL'ite

Hi to all.I completed my MCA.I have percentage problem.Also due to this recession i am not able to find a good job.Main problem is that i have a PG degree that all but I don’t have enough knowledge in subjects.i am very much interested to do job but to get a good software job.what all I have to learn(technical skills).Also tell me as an MCA student in what are the basic skill set i should have.please anyone help me to face interview confidently.

waiting for ur valuable suggestions....

thanks
    sweety

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010

2. rcbelur

rcbelur New IL'ite

Dear Sweety09,

First of all, if you feel you don't have adequate knowledge, I would start with MCA curriculum. The subjects that you had to study as part of your MCA, you should master. You should try to read the text books, try to do the assignments over again.

You can also join online discussion forums to discuss the different platforms, programming languages, etc.

I am sure others will offer more suggestions.

Do not despair. Keep yourself busy with constructive activities.

Good Luck.

3. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

hi sweety,

If you are much interested in joining a software industry, develop your knowledge in a software language like Java, dot net, testing etc. Do some certifications in it. Only your knowledge in the language is tested in the interview. Don't worry about your percentage in MCA.

Be confident!

All the very best!!! :thumbsup

4. sweety09

sweety09 New IL'ite

thanks to both of u for giving immediate response.

i want to learn but there is no option for me to go out n learn.tell some gud sites where i can learn it form home.
    suggest me dot is best or testing is best for me.
    but most of my friends said what we enter in our resume we have to be through in that first. so tell me how can i get basic knowledge on C,C++,oracle for interview purpose.want interview Questions in those.

thanks
    sweety

Moderator Note: Sweety, please refrain from using chat-style abbreviations ("u" for "you, "gud" for "good") in your posts. As you are a new user, you must read through our Forum Etiquette and Guidelines.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2010
  5. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

I was in Testing before.Testing has many streams in it. Only automated testing demands some kinda of coding work. Dot net, is completely coding.
    Personally, I would suggest you to take up dot net since dot net has many job opportunities compared to testing. Even if you take up a career in testing, knowing dot net is an advantage. You decide which one will suit you.

Yes,absolutely TRUE! Be thorough with your resume. Even if you add just 2 or 3 languages in the resume, make sure you are confident in those subjects.

You can get tutorials in the websites. Download it. Also make use of the forums available.

6. sweety09

sweety09 New IL'ite

thank you so much mithy.......

now i really got confidence in me...

i will surely improve my skills in those languages and then i will try to apply for jobs....i think Dot is best for me becz it comes under designing...i am interested in that..

thanks again
    sweety:cheers

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010